Rebecca, a California native, earned her law degree at Stanford Law School, where she earned the Pro Bono Distinction for her extensive public service during law school. While at Stanford Law, Rebecca served as an editor on the Stanford Journal of Law, Business and Finance and as the Communications Director of the Stanford Law Veterans Organization.
Rebecca completed her undergraduate education at the United States Naval Academy, earning her Bachelor of Science Degree in History with Merit and her commission as a naval officer as well. During her time in the Navy, Rebecca served as the Weapons Officer on USS Rushmore (LSD-47) in San Diego from July 2007 – July 2009. While aboard Rushmore, Rebecca led a division of 18 sailors and deployed to the Arabian Gulf in support of the Global War on Terror.
During her second sea tour, Rebecca served as an Exercise Planner and Operations Officer at Mine Countermeasures Squadron One (MCMRON 1) and Mine Countermeasures Division Three One (MCMDIV 31) in San Diego. Rebecca coordinated multinational training exercises with allied navies (including Canada, Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, and Panama) while training multinational forces for both wartime and humanitarian assistance operations.
Rebecca left active duty in 2012 to pursue her dream of becoming a trial lawyer, but she still serves as a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy’s Individual Ready Reserve. Rebecca’s personal awards include the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (three awards), the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, and the Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon.
Rebecca’s legal publications include:
- “Special Appearance,” The Advocate, Fall 2015 (co-author)
- “Nonparty Discovery in Texas: An Overview for Practitioners,” The State Bar of Texas, 38th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, 2015 (coauthor)
- "CFPB Enforcement By the Numbers," Latham & Watkins Client Alert, 2014, (contributor)
- "I Love You, I Love You Not: Texas Courts’ Treatment of Delaware Law on Derivative Claims," Professional Liability Insurance Committee Newsletter published by the ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice, Summer 2016 (author)
When not working, Rebecca enjoys spending time exploring Houston, watching live country music, and avidly cheering on her alma maters of the Naval Academy and Stanford in football. She and her husband, Josh, are also actively involved with Houston First Baptist Church.
- United States Naval Academy
- Stanford Law School
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- D.C. Bar
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon.