Abilene Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Our Abilene Oilfield Injury Attorneys Help Injured Workers Recover
Many people approach the oil industry for the promises it offers to workers. Oilfield work offers steady pay, benefits, and the stability offered by working with a product that’s in constant demand, especially in the state of Texas. One thing that workers don’t go into oilfields for are preventable and life-changing accidents.
While earning wages in an oilfield is dangerous, nothing excuses an accident from happening because they are always preventable. While many companies blame bad luck or even workers for serious accidents, the truth is that they are responsible for preventing them from happening. At Arnold & Itkin LLP, our Abilene oilfield accident lawyers have heard every excuse in the book. We’re ready to fight for the compensation you deserve by demanding accountability from the parties that failed to protect you.
If you’ve suffered from an Abilene land rig accident, you deserve compensation for your suffering. Arnold & Itkin LLP is ready to fight for it. Call our team now at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation.
The Dangers that Oilfield Workers in Abilene Face
Working in an oilfield is dangerous because of the heavy equipment, volatile substances, and other hazards present in one. Using heavy machinery to look for a substances that is highly toxic and flammable will always be dangerous, and employers are always required to protect their employees.
Abilene oilfield accidents often include:
- Explosions, fires, and toxic exposure: The very substance that oilfield workers spend their days extracting is what makes their job dangerous. One small spark can be enough to cause a serious explosion or fire that kills or seriously injures workers. When workers suffer from an oil-related accident, it’s likely due to poor planning, improper training, inadequate management.
- Slip and falls: When an oilfield worker slips or falls, it’s usually not because of their clumsiness. Instead, Inadequate worksite maintenance is often to blame. Slippery surfaces, poorly marked hazards, and other types of negligence make it too easy for workers to sustain injuries during a slip or fall.
- Falling objects: Workers are often working from a height or have heavy objects above them. When a tool or piece of equipment falls on someone, it can cause them to lose sustain injuries that change the rest of their life, including brain damage or spinal trauma. Tools should always be secured, machinery should always be securely anchored, and netting should exist to catch objects known to fall during oilfield operations.
- Malfunctioning equipment: Oilfield owners often cut costs by neglecting the maintenance of equipment. Besides making operations more difficult for workers, this practice also makes it dangerous for them. Employers are responsible for making sure equipment is properly maintained to prevent all types of accidents.
Abilene Oilfield Accident Injuries
Injuries from oilfield accidents aren’t only serious because they cause workers to suffer physically. Often, the nature of oilfield accidents are serious enough to cause serious injuries that are life-changing for workers.
Abilene oilfield accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Toxic exposure
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- And more
When a person sustains an injury such as the ones listed above, they face financial difficulties caused by medical bills, lost wages, and the loss of an ability to work as they did before their accident. Regulations set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are meant to protect workers and their families from these struggles. After an employer fails to respect these regulations, they should be held accountable for the financial losses their workers experience.
Abilene oilfield workers and their families can seek compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills
- The cost of future care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- And more
While nothing can change that an accident has happened at an oilfield, and oilfield injury lawyer can help clients recover costs associated with issues such as those listed above. This way, injured workers can focus on their recovery without the stress of finances.
Abilene Oilfield Accident FAQ
Who Is Liable for Oilfield Accidents?
Employers have the legal obligation to provide a safe workplace for employees, regardless of how dangerous then nature of their work is. This means they must provide training, safety equipment, and take any other steps required to make sure accidents don’t occur at their worksites. Besides employers, other companies and contractors often share liability during oilfield accidents.
What’s the Point of an Oilfield Accident Lawsuit?
Our team works to relieve the financial pressures created by an oilfield accident. Sometimes, this means helping workers receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other financial hurdles as they recover. Other times, lawsuits are focused on helping a person receive the financial security they deserve after an oilfield accident caused them to sustain injuries that alter their ability to work. While workers’ compensation insurance focuses on short-term recovery, our firm works to help a person obtain compensation for all types of losses caused by an accident.
My Company Offered Me a Settlement. Should I Accept It?
No. Often, oil companies offer a settlement to workers because it alleviates them of future liability if accepted. While it might seem like they’re trying to take care of you, it’s likely that a settlement offer has a hidden set of motives behind it. Calling our firm is fast, free, and will help you decide if your company is being fair to you and your family.
Our Abilene Oilfield Accident Lawyers Demand Answers for Clients
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, our team has recovered billions of dollars on behalf of clients. We refuse to be intimidated by large oil companies, and never accept unfair settlement offers from them because we know our clients need the results we’re fighting for. If you’ve been injured because of the negligence of any party at an oilfield, call us today. Consultation is free and confidential. Importantly, we only collect a fee if we obtain results during your case.
Call our Abilene oilfield accident lawyers now at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation. We’re ready to listen to what happened to you and help you find out what your options are.