El Paso Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Representing Victims of Serious Motorcycle Crashes in Texas & Nationwide
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motorcycle-related deaths have increased by 55% since 2000. Over 4,990 people were killed on motorcycles in 2017—that is 296 more than the previous year. It is common for individuals in motorcycle accidents to suffer severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment and care. If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, there is still hope when choosing Arnold & Itkin. You have the right to seek compensation, and an El Paso motorcycle accident attorney can help.
We understand how difficult this process can be—that's why our legal team works tirelessly to ensure our clients are taken care of. Contact us as soon as possible: (888) 493-1629!
Riders Are Not Responsible for All Motorcycle Crashes
Some people believe that most motorcycle accidents are caused by reckless and negligent riders. This is simply untrue. Crashes can be caused by various external factors that even an experienced and cautious rider will have no control over. That is why it is important to work with an El Paso motorcycle injury lawyer who can investigate what caused your crash and determine who should be held responsible.
The common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Negligent Drivers—The behavior of other drivers is a major cause of motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are trained to notice and avoid dangers from other cars, but drivers are not prepared to look out for motorcycles. Any time a driver is endangering a motorcyclist with their behavior, they are driving negligently. When drivers are not paying attention, not checking blind spots, or swerving into a lane abruptly, they are more likely to cause an accident. Even a minor distraction that seems insignificant can cause a tragic accident.
- Driver Blind Spots: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that motorcyclists have a higher fatality rate in comparison to car drivers. Motorcyclists have little protection in the event of an accident, making it vital for vehicle drivers to take extra caution on the road. One of the main errors that causes motorcycle accidents is when drivers fail to check blind spots. Every vehicle has blind spots, and it is vital for drivers to check them regularly to avoid accidents—especially while switching lanes. If a driver fails to put on their blinker or look at their blind spots, they may collide with a motorcycle while it maneuvers in between cars and lanes.
- Dangerous Roadways: Another common cause of accidents is hazardous roadways. Potholes, uneven pavement, and other similar hazards can be deadly for motorcyclists. These roads can cause a motorcycle operator to lose control. In such cases, the municipality or county responsible for the upkeep of those roadways should be held accountable.
- Defective Equipment: Another commonly overlooked cause of motorcycle accidents is faulty equipment. There are instances when some parts and pieces of motorcycles can be poorly designed or manufactured. In this case, the manufacturing company should be held liable for producing and selling a defective product
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents in El Paso
The injuries you often see after a motorcycle accident include:
- Brain Injuries—Even the smallest head injuries can lead to severe consequences. A brain injury could range from a contusion to a concussion. Injuries usually require extensive treatment.
- Spine Injuries—A victim can suffer life-altering injuries if it involves fractures to the vertebrae, slipped discs, or a crushing injury.
- Road Rash—Road rash occurs when a person is ejected from the motorcycle and thrown across the ground. The friction between the pavement and the victim can cause skin layers to be rubbed away, resulting in severe and painful damages.
- Fractures—Severely broken bones can leave a victim with permanent loss of mobility or motion, depending on the quality and duration of their treatment.
- Loss of Limb—Amputation accidents are emotionally and physically devastating. Victims often don't have the money to adjust to their new capabilities, and many lose their careers.
- Paralysis—Paralysis injuries can cause victims to be disabled for the rest of their life. For people whose jobs require mobility, paralysis can threaten an entire family's future
As El Paso personal injury attorneys with a record of results, we're known for standing up for injured riders and fighting for the financial compensation they need after serious injuries. In fact, we've secured over $10 billion in verdicts and settlements for clients across our practice areas, nationwide.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Research demonstrates that motorcyclists have a 35% higher chance of being involved in an accident compared to vehicle drivers. Although it may seem like motorcycles are the cause of their own accidents, that is far from true. Common causes include negligent drivers, driver blind spots, dangerous roadways, and defective equipment.
What Are the Most Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Crash?
Because motorcycles drivers often collide with larger vehicles and objects, catastrophic injuries are common after an accident. Such injuries include road rash, broken bones, spinal cord damage, and traumatic brain injuries. Even with protective gear, a rider may experience these life-changing injuries in a motorcycle accident.
Should I involve an El Paso motorcycle accident lawyer?
For very minor collisions, you may not need a lawyer to handle your claim. If you were seriously injured, however, you may be facing a long and challenging road to recover fair and complete compensation for your medical care, damage to your bike and gear, lost earnings, and more. Insurance companies are notorious for delaying payment, denying claims, and offering low settlements. An El Paso motorcycle accident lawyer with experience handling these cases can help you pursue the money you need to rebuild your bike and your life.
Have an Experienced El Paso Motorcycle Accident Attorney Represent You
At Arnold & Itkin, we understand the dangers of riding a motorcycle and the serious injuries that can be sustained after an accident. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a crash, our El Paso motorcycle accident attorneys can help you. Our mission is to help people who have been injured by the wrongdoings of others. At Arnold & Itkin we have the skill, resources, and commitment to deliver results for our clients. We have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we work tirelessly to help them receive the compensation they deserve. We have a proven track record that demonstrates we are capable of helping you get the best possible results for your case.
Contact our El Paso motorcycle accident attorneys today for a free consultation: (888) 493-1629!