El Paso Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Representing Victims of Serious Motorcycle Crashes in Texas & Nationwide
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motorcycle-related deaths have increased by 55% since 2000. Over 4,990 people were killed on motorcycles in 2017—that is 296 more than the previous year. It is common for individuals in motorcycle accidents to suffer severe injuries that require extensive medical treatments and care. If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, there is still hope when choosing Arnold & Itkin. You have the right to seek compensation for your losses, and an El Paso motorcycle accident attorney can help you.
We understand how difficult this process can be—that's why our legal team works tirelessly to ensure our clients are taken care of and fight to attain the best possible results for them. Contact us as soon as possible: (888) 493-1629!
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Research demonstrates that motorcyclists have a 35% higher chance of being involved in an accident compared to vehicle driver. Although it may seem like motorcycles are the cause of their own accidents, that is far from true.
The common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Negligent Drivers—The behavior of other drivers is a major cause of motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are trained to notice and avoid dangers from other cars, but drivers are not prepared to look out for motorcycles. Any time a driver is endangering a motorcyclist with their behavior, they are driving negligently. When drivers are not paying attention, not checking blind spots, or swerving into a lane abruptly, they are more likely to cause an accident. Even a minor distraction that seems insignificant can cause a tragic accident.
- Driver Blind Spots—The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that motorcyclists have a higher fatality rate in comparison to car drivers. Motorcyclists have little protection in the event of an accident, making it vital for vehicle drivers to take extra precaution on the road. One of the main errors that causes motorcycle accidents is when driver fail to check blind spots. Every vehicle has blind spots, and it is vital for drivers to check them regularly to avoid accidents—especially while switching lanes. If a vehicle driver fails to put on their blinker or look at their blind spots, it is likely that they will collide with a motorcycle while it maneuvers in between cars and lanes.
- Dangerous Roadways—Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is hazardous roadways. Potholes, uneven pavement, and other similar hazards can be deadly for motorcyclists. These roads can cause a motorcycle operator to lose control. In such cases, the municipality or county responsible for the upkeep of those roadways should be held accountable.
- Defective Equipment—Another commonly overlooked cause of motorcycle accidents is faulty equipment. There are instances when some parts and pieces of motorcycles can be poorly designed or manufactured. In this case, the manufacturing company should be held liable for producing and selling a defective product.
What Are the Most Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Crash?
Because motorcycles drivers often collide with larger vehicles and objects, catastrophic injuries are common after an accident.
The injuries you often see after a motorcycle accident include:
- Brain Injuries—Even the smallest head injuries can lead to severe consequences. A brain injury could range from a contusion to a concussion. Injuries usually require extensive medical treatments.
- Spine Injuries—A victim can suffer life-altering injuries if it involves fractures to the vertebrae, slipped discs, or a crushing injury.
- Road Rash—Road rash occurs when a person is ejected from the motorcycle and thrown across the ground. The friction between the pavement and the victim can cause skin layers to be rubbed away, resulting in severe and painful damages.
- Fractures—Severely broken bones can leave a victim with permanent loss of mobility or motion, depending on the quality and duration of their treatment.
- Loss of Limb—Amputation accidents are emotionally and physically devastating. Victims often don't have the money to adjust to their new capabilities, and many lose their careers.
- Paralysis—Paralysis injuries can cause victims to be disabled for the rest of their life. For people whose jobs require mobility, paralysis can threaten an entire family's future.
Have an Experienced El Paso Attorney Represent You
At Arnold & Itkin, we understand the dangers of riding a motorcycle and the serious injuries that can be sustained after an accident. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a crash, our El Paso motorcycle accident attorneys can help you. Our mission is to help people who have been injured by the wrongdoings of others.
At Arnold & Itkin we have the skill, resources, and commitment to deliver results for our clients. We have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we work tirelessly to help them receive the compensation they deserve. We have a proven track record that demonstrates we are capable of helping you get the best possible results for your case.
Contact our El Paso motorcycle accident attorneys today for a free consultation: (888) 493-1629!