Flint Hills Resources Accident Lawyers
Helping Victims of Flint Hills Resources Accidents Nationwide
Flint Hills Resources is a major refining and chemicals company that is a subsidiary of Koch industries—the second largest privately-owned company in the United States. According to Forbes, the estimated annual revenue of Koch industries Inc. is as high as $100 billion. Flint Hills Resources produces and services products that include fuel, aromatics, olefins, polymers, biofuels, and ingredients. Flint Hills Resources has 3 major refineries in the United States—combined, these refineries process 600,000 barrels of crude oil per day. In 2011, several fires occurred in their Corpus Christi refinery that started in a fluid catalytic tracker. In 2013, a pump fire occurred. Although there were no workers injured that time, refinery fires put people at risk for serious injuries.
Time and time again, Arnold & Itkin has seen petroleum companies take safety protocols lightly. Workers should not pay with their lives in order for a company to abide by safety standards. This is why our Flint Hills Resources accident lawyers do everything possible to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Flint Hills Resources accident, it is vital to contact a refinery attorney as soon as possible. The attorneys at Arnold & Itkin refuse to stand by and let companies neglect their duty to their workers. We are here to help workers rebuild their lives, one trial at a time.
Learn how Arnold & Itkin may be able to help you recover medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses—call (888) 493-1629 to have an attorney review your case with you for free.
Fatal Incident at Flint Hills Resources Refinery in 2006
In 2006, a contractor at the Corpus Christi Flint Hills Resources refinery fell while attempting to climb down a ladder after cleaning a vessel. As a result of the fall, the worker hit his head on the concrete and died from his injuries. Later reports revealed that his cause of death included broken bones and spinal cord damage. Stories like his illustrate why it is important for all employees to receive adequate safety training to prevent accidents like this from occurring.
To stay updated on similar cases, check out our blogs.
Arnold & Itkin in the News
- Workers Injured in Chemical Plant Explosion Obtain $30 Million Verdicts In Two Louisiana State Court Trials Against Plant Owners/Operators
- CSB: 'Process safety management program deficiencies' lead to deadly 2013 explosion
- New Orleans Jury Awards $16M to 4 Workers for 2013 Plant Explosion
- ComDust victim awarded $39.7 million
- Houston jury awards $39.7 million verdict to man injured in Corrigan plant explosion
- Williams Cos. Hit With $13.6M Verdict In La. Plant Explosion
Common Causes of Refinery Accidents
Refineries are some of the most dangerous places to work because of all the hazardous material in contained within the plant. Flint Hills Resources has different types of plants and refineries and workers can be exposed to different hazardous chemicals depending on the type of refinery. Below are some of the most common types of accidents that occur in refineries.
Oil Refinery Plant Accidents: Oil refineries use complex equipment and technology to refine oil into other products. Accidents typically occur from the refining process overheating poorly-maintained or from the equipment operating defectively. This typically occurs during the process used to refine the crude oil.
Plant & Refinery Explosions: Refineries are dangerous because of the highly volatile materials contained inside the plant. If workers are not trained properly in handling them, then poor management could lead to a major explosion.
Plant & Refinery Fires: Some of the worst damage in an explosion isn’t caused by force—it’s caused by fires. Since refineries contain highly flammable materials, fires can erupt and burn for hours or days after an explosion—even causing further explosions if the equipment is not handled properly.
Our Flint Hills Resources Accident Attorneys Have Helped Hundreds of Injured Workers
Arnold & Itkin has worked on cases against some of the largest companies in the world. Our attorneys have worked tirelessly to receive the best outcome possible for our clients, and we have achieve record-setting verdicts and settlements as a result. In total, our firm has helped our clients secure billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, including hundreds of results at more than $1 million each.
Below are just 3 of the many record-setting verdicts our Flint Hills Resources accident attorneys have achieved for workers:
- $97 Million Secured for Refinery Fire Survivors: Our firm was able to secure a huge settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Arnold & Itkin attorneys fought for justice against some of the largest corporations in the world.
- $39.7 Million Received for Dust Explosion Accident: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered a record-setting verdict of $39.7 million on behalf of a worker who was severely burned in a dust fire and explosion at a Georgia-Pacific plywood plant in Corrigan, TX. Arnold & Itkin LLP was able to prove that the client was not at fault and help him get compensation for his medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, mental anguish, amongst more.
- $30+ Million Won for Victims of Plant Explosion: When a Williams Olefin plant exploded in 2013, our attorneys worked to hold the parent company of the plant owners accountable for their decisions—which led directly to the death of 2 workers and the injury of dozens more. Our firm represented more than a dozen workers, helping them win six- and seven-figure results to pay for medical care, lost wages, and basic needs.
Our Flint Hills Resources Accident Lawyers are Here to Help
At Arnold & Itkin, we are passionate about getting innocent victims the compensation they deserve. We represent plant and refinery workers nationwide and have secured billions of dollars for our client’s verdicts and settlements. We understand how difficult life is after an accident, which is is why we do everything possible to protect the best interest of our clients and their families.
If you have been injured in an accident, contact our Flint Hills Resources accident today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629.