Midland-Odessa Work Accident Lawyers
Our Work Accident Lawyer Can Help You Find Answers & Recover
When Americans go to work, they should expect that they’ll be safe. Besides being the right thing to do, protecting workers is a required by the law and by the regulations created by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Since it was created, OSHA has helped make Americans safer as they work. Since the organization was started over four decades ago, workers deaths have gone from 38 a day to 14 a day. Yet, OSHA doesn’t have the resources to make sure all companies are following the rules—and many try to use this to their advantage.
When companies cut corners with safety to save money, Arnold & Itkin LLP is ready to hold them accountable. Our Midland-Odessa work accident lawyers are focused on demanding answers after accidents and helping workers obtain the financial recovery they need. We’ve secured billions of dollars for clients by never backing down, always making the fight personal, and never settling for less than they deserve.
We represent all types of workers including:
- Administrative employees
- Agricultural workers
- Construction workers
- Industrial workers
- Maintenance and repair workers
- Maritime workers
- Mining workers
- Office workers
- Offshore workers
- Oilfield workers
- Pilots and flight engineers
- Plant and refinery workers
- Railroad workers
- Retail employees
- Seasonal workers
- Truck drivers
- Warehouse employees
Call our Midland-Odessa work accident law firm today for a free consultation of your case. We’re standing by to answer your at (888) 493-1629.
Filing a Claim for a Work Accident Near Midland-Odessa
First, you should find out if your employer has workers’ compensation insurance. The state of Texas is the only one in the nation that doesn’t require employers to carry this type of insurance. However, many employers in the state still carry a policy for their financially and legal protection. Finding out if your employer has workers’ compensation is important because workers have a certain amount of time to report their injuries if they wish to file a claim.
Whether your employer has insurance or not, you should call a lawyer to see if workers’ compensation or a work injury lawsuit will help you the most. Workers’ compensation payments are limited and frequently don’t account for the total financial loss created by work accidents. A personal injury lawsuit can help workers obtain the compensation they need rather than the compensation they’re offered by insurance. For example, a worker with severe burn injuries might need payment for the cost of future care and lost wages—something a typical workers’ compensation policy doesn’t cover.
Successful work accident cases are those that are filed because of the negligence of an employer or another party. If a worker can prove that their injuries were preventable, they can likely recover compensation.
Employer negligence causes life-changing injuries such as:
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Blunt force trauma
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Toxic exposure
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- And more
Midland-Odessa Work Accident FAQ
What Are Common Causes of Work Accidents?
Negligence is the most common cause of a work accidents. While every incident is unique, our team has noticed that a common set of factors trigger them.
Common sources of work accidents include the following:
- Poor equipment maintenance
- Equipment failures
- Falling objects and flying debris
- Slip and falls
- Failure to comply with safety regulations
- Inadequate inspections
- Insufficient training
I Was Injured in the Midland-Odessa Area, What Should I Do?
There are three important steps that every injured worker should take: getting medical care, informing their employer, and speaking to an attorney.
After work accidents, all workers should do the following things:
- Seek medical care. Even if you’re not sure if you’ve been injured, it’s important to visit a doctor after an accident. Besides making sure your medical needs are met, seeing a doctor helps create an early record that links any injuries you might have to your accident. Workers have the right to see the doctor that they prefer. If a company has their doctor examine you, consider getting a second opinion. Often, company doctors work in the interest of their employer and might not always provide the best advice or care.
- Inform your employer of the accident. If your employer isn’t aware that you’ve been injured, inform them of the incident. Avoid signing any release documents they provide to you. Informing your employer of your accident will help you receive workers’ compensation benefits if possible.
- Speak to an attorney. Even if you don’t think you have a case, speaking with an attorney is important. Work accident lawyers know the law, understand what employers are liable for, and might be able to help you obtain the compensation that you need. They’ll also help you decide if any settlement offer you’ve received is fair or designed to get your company off the hook for as little as possible. Best of all, speaking with a Midland-Odessa work accident lawyer from Arnold & Itkin LLP is fast, free, and confidential.
Why Should I Get Help from a Work Accident Lawyer?
Getting help from a work accident lawyer means having someone on your side who is dedicated to helping you recover from your accident. While no results are guaranteed, a work accident lawsuit is always focused on helping injured workers and their families have the financial stability they need during difficult moments. Lawsuits can help recover monetary losses for past, present, and future expenses caused by an accident.
Midland-Odessa work injury attorneys help recover losses such as:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- The cost of future care
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Is Hiring a Work Injury Lawyer Expensive?
Hiring an attorney from Arnold & Itkin LLP costs nothing upfront. We work on something called contingency fees, which means we’ll only collect a payment if we win results during a case. Our team covers all expenses as we work, including court fees and other costs associated with a claim. Working this way helps clients trust we’re working for the best results while also making our services attainable for people from all types of backgrounds.
Our Midland-Odessa Work Accident Lawyers Can Help When You Call (888) 493-1629
Whether you’ve sustained a serious injury while working in a Midland-Odessa area oilfield or suffered because of different type of work accident, our team is ready to help. We’ve recovered billions of dollars for clients because we make every case personal. By caring about what our clients need, we always have the motivation and drive to fight the other sides tactics, no matter how difficult the challenge.
Call us today to find out more about what your options might be. Our Midland-Odessa work accident lawyers are standing by to help you at (888) 493-1629.