Blue Dolphin Refinery Accident Attorneys
Accident Victims Can Turn to Our Blue Dolphin Refinery Accident Lawyers
Texas is the state with the most operable refineries nationwide, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration. Blue Dolphin Energy is one of the numerous facilities in Texas that engages in refining crude oil into finished and refined products. Unfortunately, as is true with Blue Dolphin and similar refineries, serious accidents can occur—such as explosions, fires, and other catastrophic incidents. Industrial workers face potential dangers every day because of the highly flammable substances in these refineries. When an accident does occur, investigation reveals that they could have been prevented with the proper equipment and safety procedures.
If you or a loved one were injured in a plant or refinery accident, the injuries that resulted are life-changing. Our attorneys at Arnold & Itkin LLP have stood beside hundreds of plant and refinery accident victims—so we know the challenges you and your family must be facing. Often, injured employees believe that the company will compensate them for their losses, yet that almost never happens. Companies immediately look for methods that will help protect their own interest and reduce liability. It is vital to contact a refinery accident attorney to help you stand against companies that neglect their duty to their workers.
Learn more about how our Blue Dolphin refinery accident attorneys can help you see if you have a case. Contact us today for a free consultation: (888) 493-1629.
Arnold & Itkin in the News
- Workers Injured in Chemical Plant Explosion Obtain $30 Million Verdicts In Two Louisiana State Court Trials Against Plant Owners/Operators
- CSB: 'Process safety management program deficiencies' lead to deadly 2013 explosion
- New Orleans Jury Awards $16M to 4 Workers for 2013 Plant Explosion
- ComDust victim awarded $39.7 million
- Houston jury awards $39.7 million verdict to man injured in Corrigan plant explosion
- Williams Cos. Hit With $13.6M Verdict In La. Plant Explosion
Recent Plant & Refinery Accidents in Texas
Phillips Petroleum Company Plant (October 1980)
In 1989, an ethylene leak at a Phillips Petroleum Company plant in Pasadena, TX triggered a chain of large explosions. An unsecured valve released 85,000 pounds of highly flammable ethylene-isobutane gas into the plant. Workers had no detectors or warning system, so the gas gathered until it ignited with the power of two-and-a-half tons of dynamite. As a result, 23 people were killed.
BP Texas City Refinery (March 2005)
BP had recently bought the Texas City refinery when a third-party report on the plant revealed that the aging parts were creating a serious explosion hazard. However, the report was disregarded and production continued as usual. Within weeks, a hydrocarbon cloud formed due to a faulty valve, triggering a massive explosion. As a result, 170 workers were severely injured and 15 were killed.Our refinery accident lawyers represented several of those injured in the blast.
West Fertilizer Company Explosion (April 2013)
An explosion occurred at a storage and distribution center in West, TX. The incident injured more than 250 people and killed 15 others. It was later discovered that the explosion occurred deliberately.
Valero Refinery Explosion (April 2018)
In April 2018, employees were working near the Valero facility’s 12,000-barrel alkylation unit inside the refinery when a pipe failed and led to an explosion. As a result, 28 workers were injured—leaving many with PTSD, orthopedic injuries, and hearing loss. It is believed that the accident was caused due to negligence from Valero and a subcontractor.
Stay updated on similar cases: check out our latest blogs.
Common Types of Refinery Accidents
Refineries are some of the most dangerous places to work because of all the hazardous material in contained within the plant. Workers can be exposed to different hazardous chemicals depending on the type of refinery.
Below are some of the most common types of accidents that occur in refineries:
- Plant & Refinery Fires: Along with explosions, fires can also occur in a refinery accident. Since refineries contain highly flammable materials, fires can erupt if the equipment is not maintained properly.
- Oil Refinery Plant Accidents: Oil refineries use complex equipment and technology to refine oil into other products. Accidents typically occur from the refining process overheating or by defective equipment can result while refining crude oil.
- Plant & Refinery Explosions: Refineries are dangerous because of the highly flammable materials contained inside the plant. If workers do not follow the proper safety procedures than this could cause a major explosion.
Our Blue Dolphin Accident Attorneys Have Recovered Billions of Dollars
Arnold & Itkin refinery accident attorneys have helped injured workers achieve the best possible result for their case—helping them take care of themselves and their family.
Some of our victories include:
- $97 Million Secured for Refinery Workers: Our firm was able to secure a huge settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Arnold & Itkin attorneys fought for justice against some of the largest corporations in the world. This settlement helped our clients receive the medical attention need and financial security for their future.
- $12 Million Received for Burn Injuries: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered $12 million on behalf of a plant worker who suffered burns when a safety valve failed at the refinery he was working at. Arnold & Itkin helped this client receive the compensation they deserved to move on from this tragic incident.
Contact Our Blue Dolphin Refinery Accident Lawyers at (888) 493-1629
Our firm understands how difficult the time after a tragic accident can be, that is why we do everything possible to protect the best interest of injured workers and their families. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Blue Dolphin refinery accident, contact our refinery accident attorneys today for a free consultation. We can listen to your story and help you through the process every step of the way.
Our clients never pay upfront expenses and only pay if we win their case. Call (888) 493-1629 today!