Petrobras Accident Attorneys
Helping Injured Petrobras Workers. Over $10 Billion Won for Our Clients.
Located in Pasadena, Texas, Petrobras was founded in 1953 and produces upwards of 2 million barrels of oil products per day—including diesel, gasoline, naphtha, jet fuel, petroleum gas, and lubricants, among other products. Working at a Petrobras refinery is a naturally risky job due to the highly-volatile chemicals inside their industrial plants and refineries—the same chemicals inside most petroleum refineries. Those risks are made worse when companies fail to provide workers with safe environments, working equipment, or proper training.
Most plant and refinery accidents can be prevented with the right training, well-maintained equipment, and employer vigilance. Yet time and time again, our Petrobras accident attorneys have represented injured workers who were neglected by their employers. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Petrobras refinery accident, contact our plant and refinery accident attorneys as soon as possible. We refuse to stand by and let companies neglect their duty to their workers.
Learn more about how a Petrobras lawsuit attorney may be able to help you recover your medical costs, lost income, and more—contact us online or call (888) 493-1629.
2016 Petrobras Texas Explosion
In 2016, the Petrobras Pasadena, TX refinery suffered damage to a 35,000-bpd light cycle hydrogen desulfurization unit, which uses hydrogen to convert oil into diesel by removing sulfur. The damage ignited a fire and triggered an explosion—causing a worker to suffer serious burn injuries. The worker was rushed to the hospital. Eventually, it was discovered that the fire was caused by an equipment malfunction. The worker’s story demonstrates the importance of keeping equipment up-to-date to prevent incidents like his from occurring.
To stay updated on similar cases, check out our blogs.
Common Types of Refinery Accidents
- Plant & Refinery Explosions – If workers are not trained in proper safety procedures or do not follow them, then it puts the rest of the plant at risk for a catastrophic explosion. Companies are responsible for training and enforcing their own safety practices.
- Plant & Refinery Fires – Where there’s an industrial explosion, there’s bound to be a fire. Since refineries contain highly flammable materials, fires can erupt and burn for hours or days following an explosion. Refinery fires can also trigger even more explosions, creating a cycle.
- Oil Refinery Plant Accidents – Oil refineries use complex equipment and technology to refine oil into other products. Accidents that occur during the refining process often occur due to equipment malfunction or employer negligence. The 2016 accident is an example of an oil refinery equipment malfunction that resulted in fatal injuries.
Our Petrobras Accident Attorneys Win Record-Setting Results
Regardless of the complexity of the case, our Petrobras accident lawyers are ready to help injured refinery workers receive the compensation they need to secure their future and their family. At Arnold & Itkin, we understand how difficult life becomes after an industrial accident. That’s why we work tirelessly to help our clients get the best possible results for their case.
Our plant and refinery attorneys have achieved record-setting verdicts for our clients, including:
- $97 Million for Refinery Fire Survivors: Arnold & Itkin was able to secure a successful settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Our attorneys fought against some of the largest corporations in the world. This settlement helped our clients receive the medical attention they needed and secured financial stability for them and their families.
- $39.7 Million for Dust Explosion Survivor: Our Petrobras refinery accident attorneys obtained a record-setting verdict of $39.7 million on behalf of a worker who suffered severe burn injuries in a dust fire and explosion at a plywood plant in Corrigan, TX. Arnold & Itkin LLP was able to help our client receive the compensation needed for his multiple surgeries, loss of earning ability, disfigurement, and mental anguish.
- $30+ Million for 8 Explosion Survivors: A Louisiana refinery suffered a massive reboiler explosion in 2013, killing 2 workers and injuring dozens more. Our firm represented eight workers who were injured in the explosion and subsequent escape effort. In two separate trials, we were able to prove that the company knowingly allowed an explosion hazard to exist for years.
Learn How a Petrobras Lawsuit Lawyer Can Help You
Our attorneys have helped hundreds of injured plant and refinery workers receive the money they needed for medical treatments and the financial security their family needed for their future. Our Petrobras accident lawyers work tirelessly to obtain the best possible results for our clients and help them every step of the way.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a refinery accident, contact our Petrobras accident attorneys today for a free review of your case. We're here to listen and help.
Arnold & Itkin in the News
- Workers Injured in Chemical Plant Explosion Obtain $30 Million Verdicts In Two Louisiana State Court Trials Against Plant Owners/Operators
- CSB: 'Process safety management program deficiencies' lead to deadly 2013 explosion
- New Orleans Jury Awards $16M to 4 Workers for 2013 Plant Explosion
- ComDust victim awarded $39.7 million
- Houston jury awards $39.7 million verdict to man injured in Corrigan plant explosion
- Williams Cos. Hit With $13.6M Verdict In La. Plant Explosion