Car accidents can cause more than just serious injuries, often resulting in major financial hardships as well. With all the damages incurred from a car accident, you may be wondering who will be responsible for covering them. Will the at-fault driver or party have to compensate you for these damages? Will you end up paying for your expenses out of your own pocket? While every car accident case will be unique, there are certain types of damages that will typically be covered by the responsible driver.
Damages and expenses related to the following are often covered:
- All types of medical bills, including doctor’s visits, surgical treatment, and so on
- Anticipated or future medical expenses, such as long-term care or future procedures
- General pain and suffering, which can include mental and physical pain
- Mental distress or anguish, such as anxiety, grief, nervousness, and worry
- Lost wages and earning capacity due to the severity of the injury
- Loss of comfort or consortium due to the death of a spouse
- The value of any type of property damage caused in the accident
Why You Need the Assistance of a Car Accident Lawyer
It is important to understand that before you can secure compensation for these damages, you must be able to present a compelling case. Without a strong claim that demonstrates the other driver’s fault, you may miss out on some of the valuable compensation you deserve following your car accident. In cases where you can prove that the other driver acted in a negligent manner, it can help strengthen your case or claim and help you pursue a fair outcome with the help of your seasoned car accident attorney.
Though it may seem like your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company are on your side, you should always remain hesitant and take everything these companies promise with a grain of salt. Remember, insurance companies look out for their bottom line before anything else and will not care about your situation at the end of the day. That is why you need a legal advocate you can trust to work on your behalf to secure the fair compensation you deserve for the damages you incurred in your crash.
Are you ready to find out more about the damages you may be eligible to
recover compensation for?
Reach out to Arnold & Itkin to discuss your car accident case with our firm.