Head & Neurological Injuries
Among different kinds of catastrophic injuries, those to the head and neurological functioning of an individual are some of the most debilitating. Much of the damage in injuries such as these is irreversible. It is important to seek not only medical attention but also legal attention. With the help of a Houston personal injury attorney at Arnold & Itkin LLP, you stand the best chances of obtaining the compensation you will need to make a full recovery.
Our firm has helped clients get compensation for a wide variety of neurological injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) range from mild to severe, depending on the force of the impact. While medical attention can alleviate some symptoms of TBI, there is little that can be done to completely reverse the adverse effects of traumatic injury to the brain.
- Paralysis – Some head injury victims will suffer from paralysis – the loss of muscle function for one or more of a person's muscles. Paralysis victims might suffer from loss of feeling and impacted motor functioning.
- Neuropathy – Accident victims who suffer from neuropathy may experience loss of movement, loss of sensation, and other functions of the particular nerve that was damaged in the incident.
- Radiculopathy – The condition known as radiculopathy will result in a compressed spinal nerve that can cause the victim pain, weakness, numbness, and even tingling.
- Memory Loss – It is not uncommon for a neurological victim to suffer from memory recall problems. In some cases, memories and the ability to create new memories can be lost altogether.
- Cognitive Disorders & Deficits – When an accident leads to a cognitive disorder or deficit any number of mental functioning capabilities could be adversely affected, including perception, learning, memory, and problem solving.
Seeking Compensation for Head and Neurological Injuries
Catastrophic injuries almost always result in great loss, impairment, and lifelong debilitation. The severity of these injuries may entitle you to compensation, as this may be the only way you can keep up with medical bills and expenses. The law firm you choose could make a world of difference in how you are compensated for your injuries.
Arnold & Itkin has been successful in winning billions of dollars for our victims of catastrophic injuries. Contact an attorney from our firm to employ relentless legal representation to fight for your right to compensation.