Shreveport Work Accident Attorneys
Our Work Injury Lawyers in North LA Have Won Billions
Work accidents affect millions of workers nationwide. Over two million workplace accidents were reported in 2017, and over five thousand workers were killed on the job, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In Louisiana alone, there have been over 1,600 work fatalities since 2011. Employees go to work expecting a safe work environment, yet employers frequently fail to provide workers with the safety training and equipment necessary to prevent accidents.
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, you are likely facing extensive medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You shouldn’t have to pay for your employer’s negligence and lack of responsibility. The Shreveport work accident lawyers at Arnold & Itkin LLP has recovered billions of dollars on behalf of injured clients. Our firm has a proven track record that includes record-setting verdicts and settlements, including hundreds of results worth $1 million or more. We care about helping people who've been injured by the negligence of others—if that includes you (or a loved one), call us today to learn your legal options.
If you were injured in a work accident, contact our North Louisiana work injury lawyers today at (888) 493-1629!
Facts About Workplace Accidents
Accidents can occur for a variety of reasons and sometimes there is no one to blame. However, that is not usually the case for workplace accidents. Research conducted by OSHA stated that most workplace accidents and fatalities could have been prevented if the employer would have followed safety regulations.
Illnesses and injuries caused by unsafe workplaces are more common than you might think:
- More than 50,000 workers die every year from occupational diseases or injury.
- Over the last 4 years, the workplace fatality rate has been 3.4 deaths per 100,000 workers.
- Workplace violence caused 24,610 severe injuries and 803 deaths in 2012.
- In 2013, the most violated OSHA standards were fall-protection measures.
Losing a loved one because of another person’s negligence is devastating. If you lost your loved one in a work accident, contact our Shreveport wrongful death lawyers today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629.
Work Accident FAQs
What Are the Common Workplace Accidents in Shreveport?
North Louisiana is home to a number of industries, and accident occur in just about every environment that you can imagine.
Some of the most common work accidents in North LA include:
What Are the Most Common Types of Workplace Injuries?
Serious work injuries can affect an individual’s life permanently, and it can result in lost wages if an injury requires them to take time off from work. Not only can it leave a worker without income, but they will also face a mountain of medical bills and a great deal of physical anguish.
There are a variety of injuries that can be caused in a workplace accident, including:
What Causes Work Accidents in Shreveport, LA?
One of the most common causes of workplace injuries is employer negligence. Employer negligence can put other workers in danger if they fail to train workers or provide them with safety equipment. Companies should also maintain a safe work environment to prevent workers from sustaining injuries.
Other forms of negligence that can lead to work injuries include:
- Equipment Failures: Fatal injuries can occur if equipment is poorly manufactured, maintained, or operated. Some of the most dangerous machinery include industrial, hand-held, and electrical equipment.
- Falling Objects & Flying Debris: This can cause damage to a worker’s eyes, ears, and head—leading to a disability that robs a worker of his or her ability to earn a living. This commonly occurs at construction sites, logging sites, factories, warehouses, and shipyards.
- Slips & Falls: A slippery or cluttered floor, poor lighting, and lack of railings can lead to serious injuries—especially if a worker fails on their head. Slip and fall accident frequently occur at hospitals, construction sites, factories, ships, warehouses, stores, and drilling rigs.
- Improper Maintenance : Companies should regularly perform maintenance on machines and equipment to prevent breakdowns and injuries.
- Failure to Comply with Safety Regulations: When employers fail to meet federal regulations that govern workplace health and safety, they put their workers at risk.
- Inadequate Inspections: Employers should be identifying potential risks in the workplace, such as defective ladders and scaffolds. They should also be aware of problems with equipment such as derricks, cranes, hoists, pulleys, and forklifts.
- Insufficient Training: Employers are required to train employees how to perform their work safely and to be informed of potential hazards.
Call (888) 493-1629 for Your Free Consultation
Throughout the years, our Shreveport work accident lawyers have helped countless injured workers recover the compensation they rightfully deserve. Our team has the track record, experience, and resources to obtain successful outcomes for our clients. Arnold & Itkin has recovered billions on behalf of our clients and have record-setting verdicts and settlements across the country. If you have sustained injuries in a work accident, our attorneys can help you. We are always ready to help people get the compensation they need to pay off medical bills, recover lost wages, and provide for their family. Let our team help you support your future and move forward in peace.
Contact our North LA work accident attorneys today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629!