Kurt has won numerous record-setting jury verdicts, including $117 million for the largest single-plaintiff personal injury verdict in Louisiana, $42 million for the largest commercial verdict in Hawaii, $44 million for the largest single amputee verdict nationwide, and $29 million for the largest settlement for an offshore death case in U.S. history.
Kurt cares deeply about his clients and will not take no for an answer. One of his favorite parts of being a trial lawyer is helping individuals defeat companies that have continued to deny their claims. Kurt turns “no” into victories for his clients every day. His dedication to justice has resulted in record-setting eight and nine-figure verdicts, dozens of jury verdicts and settlements in excess of $10 million, hundreds of settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million, and multiple nationwide product recalls. The National Law Journal recently recognized Kurt’s $44 million crane collapse jury verdict when it named Arnold & Itkin to its Elite Trial Lawyer List. This list honors 50 law firms who accomplished the largest awards for their clients. That case was later listed #43 in The National Law Journal's Top 100 Verdicts of 2015.
The Best Lawyers in America® also recognized Kurt for his extraordinary work in Admiralty and Maritime Law (2016 and 2017). When the Deepwater Horizon exploded, killing 11 workers and injuring dozens more, 27 of the men and women on the rig chose him as their lawyer. Kurt represented more workers on the Deepwater Horizon than any other lawyer in the country. His hard work resulted in unprecedented settlements on their behalves, ensuring they would be taken care of for life. Kurt understands the unique complexities of maritime litigation and has been a leader in every major maritime accident litigation from the Deepwater Horizon explosion to the El Faro cargo ship tragedy. Kurt has obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his maritime and oil rig clients in the past few years alone and is the go-to source for high-profile news organizations covering offshore and oilfield disasters.
After co-founding his law firm at the age of 25, the success Kurt has achieved in the subsequent years is unparalleled. He has won bigger settlements and verdicts for his clients than anyone else his age in the country. In addition to his record verdicts, Kurt consistently wins multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for clients injured in a variety of high-profile cases. He has represented clients injured in the largest work site accidents, plant explosions, industrial disasters and land rig accidents across the nation, securing numerous eight-figure verdicts and settlements on their behalves.
He has also fought for the rights of thousands of families who were harmed by giant pharmaceutical companies’ defective drugs and held trucking companies accountable for the tragedies they caused. These successes have earned Kurt the reputation among his peers as the leader in catastrophic personal injury litigation. As a result of his track record for obtaining exceptional value for his cases, hundreds of lawyers from around the world have asked Kurt to try their cases.
Kurt graduated from the University of Texas with High Honors at only 19 years of age. Three years later, he graduated from the University of Texas Law School with Honors in the top 5 percent of his class. Kurt is licensed to practice in Texas and Pennsylvania, before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and before the U.S. Supreme Court. Kurt is proud of the firm he has built and takes pride in his team’s commitment to protecting clients and fighting for justice. He and his wife Tara, who is also a lawyer, live in Houston and are involved in various organizations.
- University of Texas, B.A. in Government with High Honors
- University of Texas Law School, J.D. with Honors
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2016-2017)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2017)
- The National Law Journal’s Elite Trial Lawyer Top 50 List
- Texas Super Lawyers® List - One of the Youngest Lawyers in Texas History to Receive This Honor (2013 - 2017)
- Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ List (2005-2006, 2009-2013)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
- Member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Top 40 Under 40 Award by the Houston Business Journal
- Founding Member of the Nation's Top 100 Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
"It is truly a joy to go to work every day and know you’re helping so many people with so many different types of cases and knowing they’re relying upon you to ensure their life is put back together. It’s a great responsibility, but honestly it’s one of my favorite parts about being a trial lawyer."Kurt Arnold
To Kurt, our clients are the single greatest proof that we have committed our lives to doing the right thing. These are people who were left with nothing because big organizations didn’t want to spend the money to do the right thing. He is happy to spend the rest of his life forcing companies to do right by regular, everyday people—no matter what it takes.