Midland-Odessa Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Get Help from a Law Firm That Knows how to Take on Oil Companies
Thanks to the Permian Basin, the Midland-Odessa area has been experiencing an oil boom. Workers from all around the nation are coming to work in the area’s oilfields to make the living that the oil industry offers. With increased oil production comes the increased change of oilfield accidents. While site operators would like people to think that accidents are a natural part of the oil industry, the truth is that they’re always preventable.
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we have a reputation for challenging the negligent practices of energy companies on behalf of injured workers. We’ve taken on BP after the Deepwater Horizon disaster and were there for workers after the Texas City refinery explosion. If you’re suffering after an accident, our Midland-Odessa oilfield accident lawyers are ready to help you.
Call our team today at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation. We’re ready to discuss how we can help you recover after a serious oilfield accident.
Oilfield Dangers in Midland-Odessa
Oilfield work is filled with heavy equipment, dangerous substances, and other serious hazards. Employers are always required to protect workers from these hazards, even if the task is daunting and expensive.
Common Midland-Odessa oilfield accidents include:
- Explosions, fires, and toxic exposure: working with crude oil and natural gas means workers are consistently at risk of fires, explosions, and being in contact with dangerous substances. Even the smallest spark can cause a serious life-altering explosion. Poor planning, inadequate training, and a lack of properly working equipment are usually the cause of these accidents.
- Slip and falls: Oil field workers need to be protected from slip and falls because one normal mistake can result in death or serious injury. Employers can mitigate slip and fall risks by making sure worksites are properly maintained and safely designed.
- Falling objects: Since working from a height isn’t uncommon in oilfields, site operators must make sure workers are protected from falling objects at all times. The fast pace of work at a drilling site means heavy objects might come crashing down without enough time for workers to find safety.
- Malfunctioning equipment: When equipment doesn’t work as expected, it can be catastrophic for workers. Improperly working equipment can cause blowouts, explosions, and other types of serious accidents. Unfortunately, many employers risk accidents instead of maintaining equipment to save money.
Traffic Accidents: A Midland-Odessa Oilfield Problem
As the Permian Basin attracted unprecedented amounts of workers to a rural area, its small roads have been unable to safely accommodate the influx of traffic on them. Oil tankers, commuting workers, and other vehicles related to oil production have created unforeseen dangers on the roads near oilfields. Now, about 450 traffic fatalities happen on the roads near the Permian Basin.
Midland-Odessa Oilfield Accident Injuries
Oilfield accident injuries are often serious because of the dangerous and violent nature of the accidents that cause them. Often, workers who sustain these injuries sustain life-changing injuries that alter their ability to work and cause them to lose the ability to work as they once did.
Midland-Odessa oilfield accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Toxic exposure
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
After a person sustains any injury at an oilfield worksite, they deserve compensation for their injuries. Companies are required to prevent accidents at their oilfield sites, and the occurrence of one is a sign of negligence. No one should suffer because of preventable accidents, and they deserve help after one.
Midland-Odessa oilfield workers and their families can seek compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills
- The cost of future care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- And more
Midland-Odessa Oilfield Accident FAQ
Who Is Liable for Oilfield Accidents?
Oilfield accidents are always unique because they might involve multiple parties. Site owners, contractors, and even companies that own nearby pipelines have caused serious accidents. Our oilfield accident lawyers are ready to investigate your case to make sure all negligent parties are being held accountable.
Why File an Oilfield Accident Claim?
An oilfield accident claim helps workers recover the amount of compensation that they need rather than the amount they’re offered as a settlement from a company or insurer. If you’ve been in an accident, it’s important to call a law firm as soon as possible. Doing so will help you find out what your next steps should be.
Do Car Accidents Count as Oilfield Accidents?
The roads near Midland-Odessa have become an unexpected source of oilfield accidents thanks to increased traffic from the Permian Basin. If workers or residents are harmed by vehicles with ties to an oilfield, our oilfield accident lawyers might be able to help them.
Call Our Midland-Odessa Oilfield Accident Lawyers Now at (888) 493-1629
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we’ve become the firm that oil industry workers call after a serious accident. We’ve earned our reputation for results by recovering billions of dollars on behalf of clients. We’re never intimidated by the other side’s tactics, we never back down from a fight, and we refuse to accept any settlement that isn’t fair to our clients. As experienced trial lawyers, we’re always ready to fight as hard as possible for the right results.
Call us today at (888) 493-1629 for a consultation with a member of our team. It’s fast, free, and confidential.