Dallas Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
Our Serious Injury Law Firm Helps Survivors Find the Answers They Need
A serious injury may change your life in ways you couldn’t have imagined—leaving you unable to do the things you once enjoyed, earn as much money as you once did, and even perform day-to-day tasks. While dealing with the physical pain and emotional trauma, you may also run into trouble getting the right medical treatment, not to mention ongoing care and financial support for lost earnings.
At Arnold & Itkin, we understand the true impact that a catastrophic injury will have for victims and their families. Our Dallas serious injury attorneys take on these cases and give them the time and attention they deserve—not only from a legal standpoint but from a personal standpoint as well. These are challenging times, and you need someone you can rely on to help you get the medical care you need from the right doctors. You need an advocate to fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
Our team represents victims who have suffered such serious injuries as:
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Neck and back injuries
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
What Our Dallas Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Often Help After
A person may experience a serious injury virtually anywhere. They could be at work, driving to school, or running an errand when the unexpected occurs. In an instant, they have suffered the type of injury that changes their life. The future they once envisioned is now more distant than ever as they face the harsh reality of mounting medical bills and living expenses. Depending on the circumstances, a person who has suffered a catastrophic injury may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits or may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Our Dallas serious injury attorneys can talk to you about your case to determine the best approach.
Catastrophic, life-altering injuries can occur in:
- Vehicle accidents, including truck, car, pedestrian, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents
- Workplace accidents, such as falls from heights, machinery accidents, and more
- Industrial accidents, including plant, factory, and refinery accidents
- Catastrophic events, like oilfield explosions, mining accidents, and offshore rig fires
- Construction site accidents, including ladder and scaffolding falls, trench collapses, and more
- Defective products, such as motor vehicles, medical devices, or any consumer product
- Dangerous drugs, including prescription and over-the-counter medications
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Although there are a variety of injuries that are considered catastrophic, they all have an enormous impact on the victim’s life and their family members. A victim will need to seek compensation to afford medical treatment and to recover their lost wages. Most people cannot afford to manage serious injuries and disabilities while maintaining the same quality of life. For survivors who lost a limb or lost their mobility, they will require long-term expenses for prosthetics and for equipment to accommodate their new capabilities.
Our firm can fight for the recovery you or your loved one need for life. This is a stressful time, and there is a lot of uncertainty and unanswered questions. Our team of Dallas serious injury lawyers focuses on guiding clients on the right path while giving them peace of mind about their future.
Different types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Acoustic Trauma: Causes severe hearing damage. Usually causes permanent hearing loss.
- Blunt Force Trauma: Caused by significant force applied to the body. One of the most common areas this injury affects is the head, which can lead to brain damage.
- Burns, Scarring, and Disfigurement: These injuries are characterized by the destruction of the skin down to the muscle/bone. Full-thickness burns require extensive treatment and sometimes amputation.
- Neck and Back Injuries: At least one million people suffer from neck and back injuries every year. Some are so severe, they leave a victim with chronic pain and loss of mobility.
- Neurological Injuries: These injuries can cause permanent loss of cognitive function.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause partial limb dysfunction or even paralysis.
- Vision Loss and Other Eye Injuries: Loss of vision is one of the most common workplace injuries.
Dallas Serious Injury FAQ
What Causes Serious Injuries?
No matter who you are, where you live, or what you do for a living, you could be at risk of suffering a serious injury in an accident or another incident that you have no control over—that occurs because someone else was negligent, careless, or reckless. Traffic accidents, workplace accidents, defective products, dangerous medical devices, and accidents on another's property can all cause catastrophic injuries.
What Can a Dallas Work Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help With?
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, our Dallas serious injury firm is dedicated to helping people recover the funds they need to recover from and live with the repercussions of an accident. Catastrophic injuries are often difficult to recover from and require extensive medical treatment. They also can mean that a person won't be able to work for a wage as they did before. Our team focuses on recovering all damages associated with an accident so survivors don't have to worry about their finances after going through so much.
What Does it Cost to Hire Your Dallas Serious Injury Law Firm?
Our Dallas catastrophic injury attorneys work using what's known as a contingency fee. In simplest terms, this means that we'll only collect a fee if we earn results for a client. We cover upfront costs associated with a case so our clients can focus on recovering rather than worrying about if they can afford the help they deserve.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Dallas Have Recovered Billions
With these situations, our goal is to help you rebuild so you can face a better and more stable life. This is not easy after serious injuries, but the right medical treatment, ongoing care, and financial support can make a significant difference for victims and their families. Serving Dallas, Texas, and the entire U.S., our serious injury lawyers have the experience and resources to face off against any opponent in the pursuit of justice for our clients. In fact, we’ve recovered billions of dollars in compensation for the injured.