The Leading Personal Injury Law Firm in Fort Worth, TX
What sets our firm apart from 99% of law firms and attorneys is our ability to actually try cases in court. Around 95% of cases settle out-of-court, which means the vast majority of lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom. When lawyers don’t have a record of winning cases in court, defendants feel less pressure to offer claimants what they actually deserve. It leads to smaller, less helpful settlements.
Arnold & Itkin is a different story.
We not only try cases, but we have a long history of winning in court. Our trial results include the largest single-injury verdict in Louisiana history, the largest verdict in Pennsylvania history, and the largest verdict in the nation ever won for an amputee victim. Because we do so well in trial, many defendants pay our clients whatever it takes to avoid facing us in court. We leverage our case record to get our clients everything they need to recover.
What Kind of Accident Cases Does AI Handle?
Our firm handles virtually every kind of accident case. If someone’s negligence caused you harm, then we have the resources and experience to make them pay for it. To get answers about your specific case, you’ll need to schedule a free consultation with us so we can evaluate your case more closely.
Our firm has won cases involving:
The Elements of a Fort Worth Personal Injury Case
No matter where we live, what we do for a living, or how we spend our free time, we may find ourselves in situations where we suffer because of someone else’s wrongdoing. We may be injured in a car accident caused by a driver who was texting instead of looking at the road. We might end up caring for a family member who was seriously injured at a construction site. We may lose a loved one in a catastrophic accident at a plant or refinery. In these scenarios, we did nothing wrong. The question becomes, what can we do about it?
A personal injury lawsuit allows a person the opportunity to hold individuals or companies responsible for negligent or wrongful acts that caused harm. These cases are filed in civil court and typically involve situations where a party failed to act with reasonable care, resulting in another’s injuries. Similarly, a wrongful death lawsuit allows the family of a person who lost their life the chance to seek answers and hold at-fault parties responsible.
The four main elements of a personal injury case are:
- Duty of Care – The defendant (at-fault party) owed the plaintiff (injured party) a certain duty of care to act in a certain way or with a certain level of caution. An example may be any motorist on the road. Their duty of care would be to obey traffic laws and drive in a reasonably safe manner.
- Breach of Care – The defendant breached this duty of care. Using the same example of a motorist, a breach of care may include acts like texting while driving, running a red light, weaving in and out of traffic, or driving under the influence.
- Causation – The defendant’s breach caused the plaintiff’s injury. Here, the plaintiff would need to prove that the defendant’s failure to act with proper care was the reason for the plaintiff’s injuries. For example, in running a red light, the motorist struck the plaintiff and broke his leg.
- Damages – The plaintiff suffered actual damages. If a motorist ran a red light but it had no impact on anyone else whatsoever, there would be no reason for a personal injury lawsuit. This final element involves showing what damages (physical injuries, property damage, or emotional trauma) the plaintiff experienced.
The goal of a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit is an award or settlement that compensates the victim or family for their injuries or losses. The financial compensation awarded in a personal injury or wrongful death case is meant to help the victim or family rebuild. Depending on the case, this could add up to tens of thousands or even tens of millions of dollars. Although the truth of the matter is that there is no way to actually “compensate” a person for physical and emotional trauma, and no way to make it as though it never happened, but a successful case can bring peace of mind and a sense of closure, plus the financial security to face a more stable future.
The outcome of an El Paso personal injury lawsuit can be life-changing; that is the type of recovery we aim to achieve in every case. Because our clients deserve the chance to move on with their lives.
Fort Worth Car Accident Attorneys
Although serious car accidents occur for a variety of reasons, they often cause drivers, passengers, or other bystanders to sustain serious injuries—leaving them with physical agony and extensive medical bills. No one should have to suffer financially because of an accident they didn’t cause. Even more importantly, they should be able to afford they care they need after sustaining injuries.
The time after a major car accident can be challenging and overwhelming. After an accident, it is vital to guard what you say following a collision. Avoid admitting any liability and request guidance from a Fort Worth car accident attorney. Accidents can leave victims with extensive rehabilitation costs and lost wages. Unfortunately, many insurance companies don’t fully compensate them for their recovery costs. This is why it is beneficial to speak with a car accident attorney from our firm. Our top-rated accident attorneys help clients in Fort Worth, Dallas, and throughout Texas and the United States.
What Are the Common Causes of Fort Worth Car Accidents?
The number one cause of car accidents in the United States is distracted driving. Reckless and negligent driving are major factors that contribute to serious accidents on the road, and much of this is caused by drivers looking at their phones, eating food, or dozing off. Driving recklessly while distracted is much more dangerous than people think—it only takes a second of distraction for a life-changing accident to occur.
Most common causes of Fort Worth car accidents include the following:
- Aggressive Driving & Road Rage. Aggressive driving can be extremely dangerous because it leads drivers to tailgate, change lanes excessively, and to speed.
- Defective Equipment. A defect or malfunction with a vehicle can also cause an accident to occur on the road. Whether is unproperly aired tires, brakes giving out, or a locked steering wheel, it is important to keep their cars well maintained to keep themselves and other drivers safe.
- Distracted Drivers. Distracted driving can seem harmless, but it’s extremely dangerous, especially when texting and driving. One text takes a person's eyes off the road for a few seconds at a time, but at high speeds, a few seconds is equivalent to a football field of distance.
- Drunk Driving. When a driver gets behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they don’t have the cognitive function to handle the rigors of the road. It can cause drivers to become drowsy, lose focus and have slow reaction times
- Tired Drivers. It is important to remember that driving tired is just as dangerous as driving under the influence. Tiredness can cause a driver to nod off and become a hazard on the road.
- Unsafe Roadways. When the state fails to keep highways maintained, it can cause individuals to drive in unsafe Ignored potholes, roads with limited visibility, and failure to post traffic signs can lead to serious accidents.
What Is the First Step in Pursuing Compensation?
The first step you need to take to seek compensation after a car accident is to contact a Fort Worth car accident attorney who can investigate your case to determine who should be held responsible for the accident.
Below are helpful questions to ask after being in a car accident:
- Could the accident have been prevented?
- Was the other driver operating his/her vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was the other driver talking or texting on his/her cell phone?
- Was the other driver driving faster than the posted speed limit, or too fast for weather conditions?
- Was the driver distracting in some way other than those listed above?
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, you have the right to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our firm so we can explain the different legal options for your case.
About Fort Worth, TX
The city of Fort Worth is widely known as “where the West begins.” It is a large city, encompassing nearly 350 square miles in North Texas. Fort Worth is the seat of Tarrant County, and as of 2022, the city had an estimated population of 958,692 people. It is also one of the fastest-growing cities in the country, with its population nearly doubling in the past 20 years. Fort Worth has an affordable housing market and reasonable cost of living, plus a stable economy and job market, making it an attractive area for individuals and families.
Fort Worth was first established by the U.S. War Department as an army outpost in 1849, positioned on a bluff that overlooked the Trinity River. It was named after Major General William Jenkins Worth, an American officer who fought in several wars, including the war of 1812 and the Mexican-American War. Because it was a stop on a major trail used to drive cattle from Texas to Kansas, Fort Worth soon became a bustling town with a strong ranching industry. It was even nicknamed Cowtown. The city declined during the Civil War but grew again starting in 1876 when the Texas and Pacific Railway completed its line to Fort Worth.
Some of the most popular attractions in Fort Worth include the Fort Worth Zoo, which opened in 1909 and was the first zoo in Texas, the Southwestern Stock Show & Rodeo, which is the oldest rodeo and stock show in the United States, and the Texas Motor Speedway, which can seat almost 155,000 people and is one of the largest racing venues in the country. Residents and visitors also visit the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, and the Kimbell Art Museum. The city is home to countless restaurants, shopping centers, and galleries that display its history and culture.
Fort Worth Links & Resources
Speak with Fort Worth Accident Attorneys Today: (888) 493-1629
Getting seriously injured in an accident is one of the worst things that can happen to anyone. At Arnold & Itkin, we take our role as advocates seriously. Helping our clients get back on their feet or rebuild their lives is the most important work we can do, and the best way we do that is by winning massive results on their behalf.
Every verdict or settlement has ensured our clients were able to pay for medical care, provide for themselves and their families, and move forward without anxiety or stress. To get started, call us for a free consultation. Our firm only takes a fee if we win your case, and we never take money upfront. For us, it’s more important that you focus on recovering physically and mentally. We handle the rest.
Call (888) 493-1629 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers.