Some of Cory's best work has been on the cases that presented the biggest challenges. Cory has won jury verdicts in excess of $1 million in at least five cases where the defendant had made no offer to settle the case at the time of trial and has obtained several seven and eight figure settlements on the eve of trial. He has won record-setting verdicts in highly disputed liability cases and won the largest Texas verdict in a helicopter accident case in recent years.
Cory's success is not limited to Texas. He has obtained many settlements and verdicts in excess of a million dollars all over the country. Cory has won verdicts or settlements in more than 50 cases for more than a million dollars. Cory's approach of aggressively preparing his cases for trial ensures the best results for his clients. His practice focuses on helping those suffering from catastrophic injuries caused by the negligence or recklessness of others, including trucking accidents, maritime accidents, industrial accidents, and more. He also assists home and business owners throughout Coastal Texas who are facing insurance claims following Hurricane Harvey.
Cory attended the University of Texas and went on to earn his law degree from the University of Houston, graduating cum laude in the top 10% of his class. In law school, he earned numerous honors, including induction to the Order of the Barons. For his work, Cory has been named on the prestigious 2019 list of Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, recognized as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in Texas by the American Trial Lawyers Association and selected for the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ edition (2010-2019). In 2018 and 2019, he was also selected to the "Up-and-Coming 100" list. He was also selected for the editions of The Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty and Maritime Law, as well as Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs since 2016.
- University of Texas, B.A.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- Texas State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2016-2020)
- Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2019-2020)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2019)
- Member of the Order of the Barons
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (2010-2019)
- Super Lawyers® "Up-and-Coming 100" List
"When you get hurt—whether it’s in a truck accident, in a refinery, or working offshore—it has major impact on your life. It’s something you didn’t ask for, and you’ve never been involved in this kind of thing before. So it’s understandable that you’re going to have a lot of questions and a lot of concerns."Cory Itkin