Medical companies and other manufacturers have legions of lawyers ready to defend them. Their bully tactics are enough to make most law firms give up. However, when they see Arnold & Itkin on the other side, they know they’re in for a fight. We’ve secured more than $10 billion for clients by never being intimidated, always putting in the hours, and refusing to settle for less than a client deserves. Even when we’re outnumbered, we're never outworked. We won’t hesitate to hold them accountable through a trial. No fight is too tough for us because we’re in it for our clients.
Taking Global Drug Makers to Court for Clients
When we use medical devices or pharmaceuticals, we expect them to make us better. But when companies fail to make these products safe, people often struggle with more health problems than they started with. When people suffer medical injuries due to unsafe pharmaceuticals, they turn to Arnold & Itkin LLP. Our firm has secured more than $10 billion for people who have been harmed by negligence. We have stood up to careless drug makers, marketers, and manufacturers in cases nationwide, changing the medical industry and how pharmaceutical companies treat injured patients.
Currently, our team is investigating cases for clients harmed by the following products:
- Talcum powder
Most recently, our groundbreaking Risperdal case and the resulting verdict set a historic precedent for pharmaceutical litigation. We secured the third largest verdict in the nation’s history against Johnson & Johnson, one of the largest drug makers in the world. When our client was left disfigured due to using Risperdal, we spent months investigating and secured a record-setting $8 billion verdict. We put everything into getting what our clients need to restore their lives. No matter what.
Taking on large companies isn’t easy. That’s why we make sure we’re ready to fight for the results that our clients deserve. We demanded accountability from Johnson & Johnson after their medication disfigured a young boy. Instead of doing what was right, the pharmaceutical giant resisted us at every turn. Companies like J&J have enough resources to insulate themselves from regular people, but our firm refused to let them get away with causing harm to children. Our team’s investigation uncovered documents that proved J&J not only knew their drugs came with considerable risk, but they also hid this information from regulators. The result was a record-shattering $8 billion verdict for our client.
- $8 Billion Top 3 Largest Jury Verdict in U.S. History Read This Story
- $357 Million Largest Workplace Accident Settlement in Texas history
- $205 Million Confidential Settlement Obtained for Numerous Clients
- $171 Million One of the Largest Confidential Settlements in History
- $117 Million Largest Single-Event Personal Injury Verdict in Louisiana History Read This Story
- $116 Million Confidential Settlement
- $110 Million Record Settlement Achieved for Victims of Defective Products
- $105 Million Record Settlement for Dangerous Product Victims
- $97 Million Massive Settlement Secured for Refinery Workers
- $92.7 Million Record Settlement for Burn Injury Victim
- $87 Million Confidential Settlement for Worker Who Suffered Life-Threatening Burn Injuries
- $78 Million Massive Settlement for Severely Injured Client
- $76.6 Million Verdict Won Against Johnson & Johnson Read This Story
- $75 Million Confidential Settlement Achieved on Behalf of Multiple Clients
- $72 Million Record Victory for Severely Injured Worker
- $44 Million The Largest Verdict Ever Won for an Amputee Victim Read This Story
- $41 Million The Largest Commercial Litigation Verdict in Hawaii Read This Story
- $39.7 Million Record Verdict Won for Victim of Industrial Accident Read This Story
- $29 Million The Largest Known Settlement for a Wrongful Death Offshore
- $28 Million Massive Confidential Settlement Obtained
We’ve consistently received the legal industry’s highest honors. We’re proud of these accolades and deeply grateful to the clients who put their trust in us.
"Always bet on justice. It takes a lot of time and resources to win a case against big defendants, and some cases are easier to win than others. But this doesn’t matter at Arnold & Itkin. We take the cases that we must win because it’s the right thing, the ones we have to win—even if it’s hard. Especially if it’s hard." Kurt Arnold Founding Partner Meet Kurt
“People call me when something terrible has happened and they need help. It is personal to my clients, so it is personal to me. We have to win—no matter what.” Jason Itkin Founding Partner Meet Jason
Our team outworks the
other side, no matter what
It takes hard work, late nights, and exhaustive research to come out on top against some of the largest companies in the world. These companies have an income and influence that rival small countries. While some firms dread the work required to win results against them, we live for the fight. Our willingness to do what it takes to help our clients means that the opposition knows their usual tactics won’t work if we’re on a case.
When a significant drug or medical device recall makes headlines, our phones ring. People turn to us for help because of our reputation for treating clients right and fighting for the results they need. Whether you need help receiving compensation from your insurance company or one of the largest conglomerates in the world, we’re the team to call. We’re known for setting records and demanding answers, no matter what.
What Can I Recover Through a Drug or Medical Injury Lawsuit?Every case is different, and our team will investigate yours to determine the full extent of damages that you should be compensated for. Common types of compensation for a lawsuit such as this include lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium. Calling Arnold & Itkin can help you discover more about your options.
How Much Does Hiring a Drug & Medical Injury Lawyer Cost?Our firm works on contingency fees. This means that we take cases at no charge, cover all costs associated with them, and only collect a fee if we win results. Working this way makes our services attainable for everyone.
What Should I Do If a Drug or Medical Device I Use Was Recalled?If you use a pharmaceutical product or medical device that was recalled, it’s important to call your physician to learn what steps to take next. If safe to do so, you should stop using the recalled device or medication as soon as possible. Then, call Arnold & Itkin to discover what your options for compensation are at no extra cost.
Can I File a Drug or Medical Injury Claim for a Loved One?Yes, you can file a claim on behalf of a loved one, under specific circumstances. For example, the spouse of a person killed by a dangerous product can file a wrongful death claim. Or, the parents of a child suffering from the effects of a medication can file a claim.