Caj Boatright has made a habit out of winning exceptional verdicts and settlements for his clients. In fact, it would be difficult in the last couple of years to find another trial lawyer anywhere that has tried more cases to verdict and obtained more multi-million dollar settlements.
When everything is on the line, you need a lawyer who never backs down from a challenge. Caj Boatright is one of those lawyers. Caj’s hard work has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for people suffering through the worst time of their lives. Though he has spent only 5 of his 15-year legal career representing plaintiffs, just a small sample of the results Caj has obtained during that time is staggering:
- $11,000,000 judgment for a businessman wronged when a company breached its contract with him
- $10,000,000 settlement for a family who lost its husband, father, and sole income provider in a truck accident
- $10,000,000 settlement for an injured child
- $9,000,000 settlement for a severely injured oil field worker
- $6,500,000 settlement for two workers exposed to dangerous chemicals at a refinery
- $3,000,000 settlement for a boat captain who suffered a back injury at sea
- $2,800,000 verdict for a dock worker who suffered an ankle injury during cargo operations
- $2,400,000 settlement for a woman backed into by a truck
Caj’s success for his clients stems from the case preparation philosophy at Arnold & Itkin:
- Unmatched Preparation – We will not be outworked.
- Dedication – We will do everything we can to get each client the maximum recovery.
- Unrivaled Resources – We will put everything into winning our cases.
- Refusal to Back Down – We will go toe-to-toe with the biggest companies in the world and win.
- Endurance – We will treat and prepare every case as if it going to trial.
That formula rests on Caj’s strong sense of justice and his belief that the American jury system is the best way to help people get what they deserve when it matters the most. He does his best to make sure his clients receive maximum compensation when companies refuse to take responsibility for their wrongful conduct.
Caj’s remarkable success in the courtroom has not gone unnoticed. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2017 for Admiralty & Maritime Law and been selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list by Texas Monthly Magazine multiple times. H Texas Magazine has named Caj a Top Professional on the Fast Track and “Top Lawyers for the People.” He has also been invited to join the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for his courtroom accomplishments.
One of Caj’s greatest strengths is his vast and diverse experience. He spent four years practicing complex commercial litigation and appellate law at one of Texas's largest and most well-respected firms. He was also a law clerk for the Honorable Reynaldo Garza on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Additionally, Caj spent five years handling high-stakes litigation for Exxon Mobil Corporation, overseeing some of the company’s largest cases in various states with billions of dollars of exposure.
Caj brings this wealth of experience to every case. He focuses on high-stakes cases involving catastrophic personal injury, including those caused by trucking accidents, offshore accidents, and more. He also assists with insurance claims following catastrophic natural events, such as the damage caused to homes and businesses by Hurricane Harvey.
Caj grew up in the small west Texas town of Sweetwater. He attended Southwestern University in Georgetown where he graduated cum laude with honors. He then attended law school at the University of Texas with Kurt Arnold and Jason Itkin. He was the first lawyer to join Arnold & Itkin LLP after Kurt and Jason started the firm.
When he is not in the courtroom, Caj is with his wife Jodi and three kids at a sporting event or outdoors. Caj and Jodi are members at Kingwood United Methodist Church and volunteer for Young Life.