Caj’s hard work has resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars being recovered. Though he has spent only 5 of his 15-year legal career representing Plaintiffs, just a small sample of the results Caj has obtained during that time is staggering:
- $11,000,000 judgment for a businessman wronged when a company breached its contract with him;
- $10,000,000 settlement for a family who lost its husband, father, and sole income provider in a trucking crash;
- $10,000,000 settlement for an injured child;
- $9,000,000 settlement for a severely injured oil field worker;
- $6,500,000 settlement for two workers exposed to dangerous chemicals at a refinery;
- $3,000,000 settlement for a boat captain who suffered a back injury at sea;
- $2,800,000 verdict for a dock worker who suffered an ankle injury during cargo operations; and
- $2,400,000 settlement for a woman backed into by a truck.
Caj’s success for his clients stems from a formula that runs deep at Arnold & Itkin:
- Unmatched Preparation – We will not be outworked.
- Dedication to getting each client maximum recovery.
- Unrivaled Resources – We have the ability to go toe-to-toe with the biggest companies in the world, and win.
- Endurance – We treat and prepare every case as if it going to trial.
- Skill and experience in the courtroom.
That formula rests on Caj’s strong sense of justice and his belief that the American jury system is the best way to help people get what they deserve. He does his best to make sure his clients receive maximum compensation when companies refuse to take responsibility for their wrongful conduct. Caj’s remarkable success in the courtroom has not gone unnoticed. He was recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2017 for Admiralty & Maritime Law and has been selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list by Texas Monthly Magazine multiple times. H Texas Magazine has named Caj a Top Professional on the Fast Track and "Top Lawyers for the People." He has also been invited to join the Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® for his courtroom accomplishments.
One of Caj’s greatest strengths is the vast and diverse experience he has packed into his career. He spent four years practicing complex commercial litigation and appellate law at one of the largest and most well respected firms in Texas. He also was a law clerk for the Honorable Reynaldo Garza on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Additionally, Caj spent five years handling high-stakes litigation for Exxon Mobil Corporation, overseeing some of the company’s largest cases in various states with billions of dollars of exposure.
Caj brings this wealth of experience to each case he now handles. He is proud to focus on cases involving catastrophic personal injury, including those caused by trucking accidents, offshore accidents, and more. He also assists with insurance claims following catastrophic natural events, such as the damage caused to homes and business by Hurricane Harvey.
Caj grew up in the small west Texas town of Sweetwater. He attended Southwestern University in Georgetown where he graduated cum laude with honors. He then attended law school at University of Texas with Kurt Arnold and Jason Itkin. He was the first lawyer to join Arnold & Itkin LLP after Kurt and Jason started the firm.
When he is not in the courtroom, Caj is with his wife Jodi and three kids at a sporting event or in the outdoors. Caj and Jodi are members at Kingwood United Methodist Church and volunteer for Young Life.
B.A. in History & Political Science, cum laude
- University of Texas Law School, J.D.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2017-2020)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (2005-2006, 2015-2016)
- "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" - National Trial Lawyers
- "Top Lawyers for the People" from H Texas Magazine
- "Top Professional on the Fast Track" from H Texas Magazine
- Member of the Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®