Kurt has won numerous record-setting jury verdicts, including $117 million for the largest single-plaintiff personal injury verdict in Louisiana, $42 million for the largest commercial verdict in Hawaii, $44 million for the largest single amputee verdict nationwide, and $29 million for the largest settlement for an offshore death case in U.S. history. Kurt has recovered billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients including more than one billion in recoveries in the past twelve months alone.
Kurt cares deeply about his clients and will not take no for an answer. One of his favorite parts of being a trial lawyer is helping individuals defeat companies that have continued to deny their claims. Kurt turns “no” into victories for his clients every day. His dedication to justice has resulted in record-setting eight and nine-figure jury verdicts, dozens of jury verdicts and settlements in excess of $10 million, hundreds of settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million, and multiple nationwide product recalls. The National Law Journal has recognized Kurt multiple times for his record-setting jury verdicts. As a result, the National Law Journal named Arnold & Itkin to the top 50 Elite Trial Lawyer list in the country. Kurt has also been named as one of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America by Lawdragon.
The Best Lawyers in America® also recognized Kurt for his extraordinary work in Admiralty and Maritime Law, as well as Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs. When the Deepwater Horizon exploded, killing 11 workers and injuring dozens more, 27 of the men and women on the rig chose him as their lawyer. Kurt represented more workers on the Deepwater Horizon than any other lawyer in the country. His hard work resulted in unprecedented settlements on their behalves, ensuring they would be taken care of for life. Kurt understands the unique complexities of maritime litigation and has been a leader in every major maritime accident litigation from the Deepwater Horizon explosion to the El Faro cargo ship tragedy. Kurt has obtained nationwide record settlements for his maritime and oil rig clients and is the go-to source for high-profile news organizations covering offshore and oilfield disasters.
After co-founding his law firm at the age of 25, the success Kurt has achieved in the subsequent years is unparalleled. He has won bigger settlements and verdicts for his clients than anyone else his age in the country. He has represented clients injured in the largest work site accidents, plant explosions, industrial disasters and land rig accidents across the nation, securing numerous eight-figure verdicts and settlements on their behalves. Recently, Kurt secured multiple eight-figure jury verdicts against a large energy company for its role in a plant explosion in Louisiana that injured dozens. Defendants refused to offer his clients a fair settlement offer before trial so Kurt tried two back-to-back jury trials and obtained multiple eight-figure jury verdicts in each trial. After these jury verdicts, Defendants gave in and paid Kurt’s clients settlements that were more than ten times higher than Defendants’ earlier settlement offers before trial.
Kurt consistently represents homeowners and businesses against insurance companies that wrongfully deny or underpay insurance claims. Insurance companies often wrongfully deny and underpay claims because they know statistically most families and businesses will eventually give up. Kurt has been fortunate to help many families and businesses recover their losses in the wake of Hurricanes Ike and Harvey after the insurance companies wrongfully denied their claims.
He has also fought for the rights of thousands of families who were harmed by giant pharmaceutical companies’ defective drugs and held trucking companies accountable for the tragedies they caused. These successes have earned Kurt the reputation among his peers as the leader in catastrophic personal injury litigation. As a result of his track record for obtaining exceptional value for his cases, hundreds of lawyers from around the world have asked Kurt to try their cases.
Kurt graduated from the University of Texas with High Honors at only 19 years of age. Three years later, he graduated from the University of Texas Law School with Honors in the top 5 percent of his class. Kurt is licensed to practice in Texas and Pennsylvania, before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and before the U.S. Supreme Court. Kurt is proud of the firm he has built and takes pride in his team’s commitment to protecting clients and fighting for justice. He and his wife Tara, who is also a lawyer, live in Houston and are involved in various organizations.
- University of Texas, B.A. in Government with High Honors
- University of Texas Law School, J.D. with Honors
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Member of the Inner Circle of Advocates
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2016-2019)
- Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2018-2019)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2017-2019)
- The National Law Journal’s Elite Trial Lawyer Top 50 List
- Texas Super Lawyers® List - One of the Youngest Lawyers in Texas History to Receive This Honor (2013-2018)
- Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ List (2005-2006, 2009-2013)
- Top 100: Texas Super Lawyers (2017)
- Top 100: Houston Super Lawyers (2015 - 2018)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
- Member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Top 40 Under 40 Award by the Houston Business Journal
- Top Lawyers for the People by H Texas Magazine
- Founding Member of the Nation's Top 100 Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
"It is truly a joy to go to work every day and know you’re helping so many people with so many different types of cases and knowing they’re relying upon you to ensure their life is put back together. It’s a great responsibility, but honestly it’s one of my favorite parts about being a trial lawyer."Kurt Arnold
To Kurt, our clients are the single greatest proof that we have committed our lives to doing the right thing. These are people who were left with nothing because big organizations didn’t want to spend the money to do the right thing. He is happy to spend the rest of his life forcing companies to do right by regular, everyday people—no matter what it takes.