An airplane or helicopter crash is every passenger’s worst nightmare. When airline negligence puts people through the worst trauma of their lives, we’re there to help them rebuild. Our law firm wants our clients to have everything they need to move forward with their lives. That begins with forcing aviation companies to take responsibility for plane or helicopter accidents. We won’t be intimidated by the complexity of an aviation crash investigation. We welcome the challenge. After $10 billion in recoveries, we’ll do whatever it takes to get our clients back on their feet. No matter what.
Advocating for People & Families of Those Harmed by Serious Aircraft Accidents
Each day across the nation, people use airplanes and helicopters to travel. All too often, these same people suffer serious or life-threatening injuries. What they do after that will shape the rest of their lives. People nationwide have called Arnold & Itkin after an aviation accident because we’ve obtained more than $10 billion for clients who were injured in serious accidents. We fight for the best results to help people recover the costs of medical care, lost income, physical therapy, and other fundamental needs.
Our firm represents people who were injured in:
- Airport accidents
- Helicopter crashes
- Offshore helicopter accidents
- Private plane accidents
- Oil rig transport accidents
We pour everything we have into our cases because your opponent is doing the same thing. Even when we were outspent or outnumbered, we’ve beaten the world’s largest airlines and companies. Our secret? We don’t stop fighting until our clients have gotten what they need. No matter what.
“They told me they were pretty much going to handle everything, I wasn’t going to have to worry about anything—which they held up to that.” Tinisha Thomas El Faro Widow
Helicopter and plane crashes are life-altering. People who’ve gone through aviation accidents usually come away with physical and psychological scars. That’s why our firm takes every case personally. By seeing clients as family, we’re able to look at their case from their point of view. Sharing their experience makes us even more determined to get what they need from the people at fault and ensure they’re taken care of for life.
The insurers for airlines and helicopter companies are the most well-funded and well-defended companies in the industry. They’re going to try to outnumber you, pressure you into a low settlement, or delay your case. It won’t matter because we won’t back down. As your lawyers, it’s our job to level the playing field and give you a fighting chance. That’s how we’ve won some of the toughest aviation accident cases in history.
- $8 Billion Top 3 Largest Jury Verdict in U.S. History Read This Story
- $357 Million Largest Workplace Accident Settlement in Texas history
- $205 Million Confidential Settlement Obtained for Numerous Clients
- $171 Million One of the Largest Confidential Settlements in History
- $117 Million Largest Single-Event Personal Injury Verdict in Louisiana History Read This Story
- $116 Million Confidential Settlement
- $110 Million Record Settlement Achieved for Victims of Defective Products
- $105 Million Record Settlement for Dangerous Product Victims
- $97 Million Massive Settlement Secured for Refinery Workers
- $92.7 Million Record Settlement for Burn Injury Victim
- $87 Million Confidential Settlement for Worker Who Suffered Life-Threatening Burn Injuries
- $78 Million Massive Settlement for Severely Injured Client
- $76.6 Million Verdict Won Against Johnson & Johnson Read This Story
- $75 Million Confidential Settlement Achieved on Behalf of Multiple Clients
- $72 Million Record Victory for Severely Injured Worker
- $44 Million The Largest Verdict Ever Won for an Amputee Victim Read This Story
- $41 Million The Largest Commercial Litigation Verdict in Hawaii Read This Story
- $39.7 Million Record Verdict Won for Victim of Industrial Accident Read This Story
- $29 Million The Largest Known Settlement for a Wrongful Death Offshore
- $28 Million Massive Confidential Settlement Obtained
We’ve consistently received the legal industry’s highest honors. We’re proud of these accolades and deeply grateful to the clients who put their trust in us.
"Always bet on justice. It takes a lot of time and resources to win a case against big defendants, and some cases are easier to win than others. But this doesn’t matter at Arnold & Itkin. We take the cases that we must win because it’s the right thing, the ones we have to win—even if it’s hard. Especially if it’s hard." Kurt Arnold Founding Partner Meet Kurt
“People call me when something terrible has happened and they need help. It is personal to my clients, so it is personal to me. We have to win—no matter what.” Jason Itkin Founding Partner Meet Jason
We may be outnumbered,
but we’re never outworked.
Airplane and helicopter accidents are the most complex events to investigate and litigate. Our clients are facing months of investigation, followed by months of depositions and hard-fought litigation. It’s going to take late nights and tough work to win your case. While most law firms balk at that kind of challenge, our firm lives for it. Our commitment ensures our clients get what they need. No matter what.
Aviation accidents often come with the additional pressure of news coverage. At Arnold & Itkin, our law firm is no stranger to that kind of scrutiny and attention. We represented a third of the crew of the Deepwater Horizon, the widows of the sinking of the El Faro, the survivors of the BP Texas City refinery explosion, and other headline-grabbing cases. We know what it’s like to have the eyes of the nation on you. It doesn’t take our focus from what really matters: getting our clients what they need. No matter what.
What Caused My Plane Accident?Plane and helicopter crashes are not usually the result of a single cause, but the combination of multiple factors. Maybe someone didn’t check the weather before takeoff. Maybe another person failed to do a maintenance check. Maybe the instrumentation was poorly built. As a result, there are usually multiple parties responsible. It’s our job to find all of them and ensure each of them are held accountable.
Are There Different Types of Aviation Accidents?Yes. While the most severe aviation accidents are crashes, aviation accidents have five types: mid-air accidents, mid-air collisions, ground collisions, taxiing accidents, and landing accidents. Accidents can occur aboard a perfectly functional plane or might happen on the tarmac before the plane is in the air. Our firm has investigated a variety of aviation accidents, allowing us to understand the factors at play in each one.
Who Is Responsible for an Aviation Accident?Because an aviation accident is typically the result of numerous failures occurring at once, the parties responsible can include the pilot, the ground crew, the parts manufacturer, or the airline itself. Investigating fault involves not just looking at the actual equipment that may have failed, but also looking at how policies and decisions led to the accident, and who can be held accountable for those decisions.