Aviation Accident Attorney in Louisiana
Turn to One of the Most Successful Firms in the Nation
Although there has been over a century of continuous technological advances in aviation, human error and mechanical malfunctions still persist and cause thousands of airplane accidents all over the United States and the world. The National Transportation Safety Board reports 1,290 domestic plane accidents in 2014. 265 of these flights were fatal, totaling 444 aviation accident fatalities in one year alone.
If you were in an aviation accident, the time to act is now. The quicker you employ legal representation, the more likely we will be able to recover crucial evidence from the crash. The injury attorneys at Arnold & Itkin LLP can help. We have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our clients in the last five years of our practice. We can bring our skill, experience, and dedication to your case.
Aviation Accidents Are Rare & Devastating
1914 saw the first commercial airplane flight. Since then, we have had over 100 years to perfect this form of travel. The result of a century’s worth of advancements has made it both a fast and safe way to travel, with aviation fatalities decreasing almost every year. Still, accidents involving airplanes and helicopters happen, and while this may be the safest way to travel, their crashes are among the most catastrophic.
If you or a loved has suffered injuries or death from an aviation accident, our team can help by:
- Evaluating your case and offering legal options
- Determining who is at fault for the accident
- Finding third parties that may also be liable for the accident
- Helping you fight for the financial support and medical attention you need
- Building a strong case to ensure the highest compensation
- Fighting for you against major insurance companies and airlines
It may be difficult to know where to start in an event like this. The best place to start is contacting competent representation. Arnold & Itkin LLP is an experienced and confidant legal team. We can answer all of your questions and handle every step of the legal process for you.
Standing Up for Victims of Airplane & Helicopter Crashes
Many of these cases end in a settlement outside of court, but our team prepares each case as if it will go to trial. This attention to building an airtight case makes us prepared for any level of rigorous litigation. This process starts with a thorough investigation performed by experts.
The first parties we investigate for liability include:
- Pilots: There may have been a safety measure that the pilot neglected or a blatant mistake made by the pilot that caused the accident.
- Mechanics: The crash may have occurred due to a mechanic’s failure to properly inspect or repair parts of the plane or helicopter’s equipment.
- Air traffic controllers: These professionals work long hours and may cut corners due to fatigue. It’s possible that an air traffic controller failed to follow FAA regulation or forced planes to cross flight paths.
- Manufacturers: We will trace the plane or helicopter’s equipment back to its manufacturers to see if in fact they were the party at fault in approving dysfunctional mechanisms for flight.
Common Injuries from Aviation Accidents
Because aviation accidents are so dangerous by their nature, the injuries suffered by victims are severe—many of them fatal.
The following injuries are the most common:
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
Arnold & Itkin LLP has experience in these cases and we fully understand the extent of the emotional, physical, psychological, and financial burdens you or your loved ones endure as a result of the tragic accidents. With the help of a Louisiana aviation accident attorney from our firm, you may be able to receive the compensation you need in order to move forward with confidence and peace.
Call Arnold & Itkin LLP today at (225) 412-6348 to learn more obtaining the justice you deserve.