Were you injured on the job? You probably have many questions during this time. The biggest one that may be hanging over you is “What now?” You’ve been injured, but you aren’t sure what comes next. Do you pursue legal action against your employer? Was there someone else involved in your case? Is it important for you to have a lawyer by your side during this time?
Having a Texas work injury attorney to guide you through this process can be more than just smart—it can be extremely beneficial. When you want to make sure your case is resolved effectively and fairly, having a skilled advocate on your side can make a world of difference.
What are the main benefits of hiring a work injury lawyer in Texas? Check out the rest of the blog!
Why Hiring a TX Workplace Injury Attorney Is Important
When you suffer injuries while performing job duties, your case will likely fall under workers’ compensation. However, that doesn’t mean that workers’ comp is the only legal means for you to recover compensation—in fact, you may have a third-party workplace injury claim. Regardless, even figuring out the workers’ compensation claim process on your own can be overwhelming. With so many variables involved in every case, you want a legal professional who can represent you with confidence.
Hiring a Texas workplace lawyer means you get and advocate who:
- Understands the laws surrounding your case
- Can investigate your accident / injuries and identify liable parties
- Specifically knows how to handle workplace injury cases in Texas
- Has dedicated their time and attention to work-related injury matters
- Brings experience handling similar cases to your claim
- Can walk you through the legal process in an understandable manner
- Makes sure your rights and best interests remain protected
- Knows how to craft a strong case / claim for maximum compensation
- Can handle cases involving employers, manufacturers, contractors, and other third parties
What You Should Look for in a Work Injury Lawyer in TX
While there are plenty of personal injury lawyers out there who may claim to be qualified to handle your case, they likely focus more on handling car accidents, slip and falls, and other general cases. The work injury lawyer you need should have proven expertise taking on these types of claims not just anywhere, but in Texas. From industrial jobs to construction and offshore work, they should be able to handle it all.
Make sure to discuss your case thoroughly with any potential attorneys you speak with. Ask about the previous cases they have handled. Investigate how those cases went and the type of recovery they obtained for clients. You should feel comfortable and confident in the representation you select. Their focus shouldn’t be just helping you gain money, but gain physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
Have more questions about at workplace accident or retaining counsel in Texas? Call our firm now.