Arnold & Itkin recently filed a case on behalf of a woman who was staying at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. While she was asleep, the woman was stung by a scorpion and sustained neurological damage and injuries to her leg and other parts of her body. Scorpion stings are serious injuries and require immediate medical attention. These stings cause excruciating pain and, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
Hotels have a responsibility to protect their guests from all possible sources of danger, especially when they're in an area known to be home to dangerous creatures like scorpions. Our client did not receive adequate warning of scorpions on the hotel property, and the building’s management failed to use sufficient extermination techniques to prevent this accident from happening.
Arnold & Itkin’s premises liability attorneys are eager to fight for the compensation our client deserves after the hotel neglected her safety and well-being. Our lawyers filed the case in Dallas County, Texas.