Alexandria Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Our Louisiana Motorcycle Injury Lawyers Have Secured Billions for Clients
Many are attracted to the sense of freedom experienced by motorcycles. With just two wheels separating riders from the road, motorcycles have attracted legions of fans and riders. Unfortunately, the very things that many love about motorcycles are also the qualities with the most potential to cause harm. Their vehicles do not have the same safety features enjoyed by those who drive large automobiles and trucks. With no safety restraints or enclosures, motorcyclists may suffer injuries during even the most minor of accidents.
If you have been injured in an accident, call the Alexandria motorcycle accident attorney at Arnold & Itkin today at (888) 493-1629.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) collects data each year that explores the risks motorcyclists face on the road. By collecting this data, the NHTSA hopes to increase awareness surrounding motorcycle accidents. These statistics reveal that, though motorcycles make up an extremely small minority of vehicles on the road, they are involved in a disproportionately high number of accidents.
Data collected by the NHTSA reveals the following:
- 5,268 riders lost their lives
- 14 percent of all accident fatalities are motorcyclists, while only 3 percent of all registered vehicles are motorcycles
- Motorcyclists account for only 0.6 percent of the nation’s total traveled miles but are 6 times more likely to be in an accident.
Causes of Alexandria Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle accident is unique. However, most accidents have similar causes. By understanding these causes, drivers of larger vehicles and motorcyclists will better understand which precautions to take to prevent accidents.
- Left Turn Accidents When motorists are yielding to make a left turn, they often fail to notice approaching motorcycles or misjudge the speed at which they are traveling. When a larger vehicle turns in front of a motorcycle, the impact is devastating for the motorcyclist.
- Blind Spots Motorcycles are small and easily hide in the blind spots of cars. When a driver is not observant of traffic, they may attempt a maneuver that places a motorcyclist they do not see at risk of collision.
- Lane Splitting Though lane splitting has not been made legal in Texas, many motorcyclists still practice it. Drivers have an obligation to look for lane-splitting motorcyclists whether it is legal or not.
- Road Hazards Cars can drive over road hazards with minimal danger. However, many obstacles are devastating to the safety of motorcyclists. These hazards include potholes, gravel, roadkill, water, snow, and ice.
Alexandria motorcycle accident injuries include:
Many of these injuries are catastrophic when they occur. Catastrophic injuries are injuries that cause a person's physical or mental function to decline. These injuries often require a lifetime of medical care and harm an individual’s quality of life. Drivers who cause these injuries must be held accountable for the pain and loss they have caused in the life of others.
Motorcycle Accidents in Alexandria
According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, Louisiana had a total of 83 motorcyclist fatalities in 2015. Many of these serious accidents happen in the Alexandria area. In August of 2018, Alexandria Police Department Cpl. Josh Daigre was on a motorcycle on his way to investigate an accident when a minivan pulled in front of him. He struck the side of the vehicle and was launched from his bike. Luckily, the officer only suffered minor injuries, but his bike was a total loss. The incident shows that even cautious riders are at risk when drivers are inattentive.
Focused on Making Sure Clients Receive the Help They Need
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident is devastating. Often, the people who end up hospitalized aren't the people at fault, but they still have to bear the burden of exorbitant medical costs, lifelong care, lost income, and years of trauma. Their families have to bear that burden too as their financial and emotional resources are taxed to the limit. It's not right. As lawyers, it's our job to make it right.
When you contact our firm, you get the help of a legal team that has won billions of dollars for clients. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Alexandria have won some of the largest verdicts and settlements in Louisiana history because we know what it takes to build a good case. Arnold & Itkin understands how hard these times are and fight to provide the support you need to get through this. Call us today to find out how we can help.
Call our Alexandria motorcycle accident attorneys today at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation of your case. A member of our legal team is ready to talk to you 24/7.