Laredo Car Accident Attorneys
Billions Won by Our Laredo Car Crash Lawyers. Call (888) 493-1629 to Learn Your Options!
In a recent report, the Texas Department of Transportation stated that there were over 5,600 car crashes in Webb county in 2017, leading to 25 fatalities and 1,000 injured. Although this research shows a small decrease in accidents since 2015, over a thousand people are getting injured or killed on an annual basis due to unsafe driving. Many car accidents lead to life-changing injuries.
After a car accident, it is important to guard what you say and avoid admitting any liability closely. In some cases, it is best to wait until you have the guidance of a Laredo car accident lawyer. Survivors or grieving families are often left paying extensive medical bills while contending with their physical and emotional harm. If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries in a car accident, you are entitled to seek financial compensation to support yourself and your family. An attorney can advise you what to say, when to file, and what information to use, so you get the maximum compensation possible. Arnold & Itkin has represented thousands of injured car accident victims recover the maximum compensation possible for their damages. We've won billions of dollars for our clients, helping them rebuild their lives. Speak with us to learn your options!
We are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact our Laredo car accident attorneys today for a free consultation: (888) 493-1629!
Determining Who Is at Fault in Your Car Accident in Laredo
If the negligence or recklessness of another driver caused an accident, the victim has the right to hold them responsible. However, it is vital for them to act quickly. There is a two-year time limit when taking action on car accident and injury cases. Contact a Laredo car accident attorney as quickly as possible if you want maximum compensation.
What Is the First Step in Pursuing Compensation?
The first step when seeking compensation after a car crash is to have your attorney conduct a thorough investigation to determine who should be held liable for the accident. You can ask yourself the following questions to determine who is responsible for your injuries.
Preliminary questions to ask:
- Could the accident have been prevented?
- Was the other driver operating his/her vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was the other driver talking or texting on his/her cell phone?
- Was the other driver driving faster than the posted speed limit, or too fast for weather conditions?
- Was the driver distracted in some other way than those listed above?
- Did any part of my car fail due to a defect?
- Was the highway in a dangerous or poorly-maintained condition?
If the car accident could have been prevented and it appears as if the other driver was distracted in some way, you may be able to successfully file a claim to hold this person accountable for their negligence.
What Are the Common Causes of Laredo Car Accidents?
Even with today’s technology and new car safety designs, car accidents are common. Every car accident occurs for a variety of reasons; however, almost all accidents are preventable with the proper care and caution. Driving negligently or recklessly can contribute to tragic accidents.
Some of the most common causes of Laredo car accidents include the following:
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance – Keeping a vehicle well maintained is vital to highway safety. Failure to upkeep a car increases the chances of it breaking down and becoming a road hazard.
- Aggressive Driving – Road rage can manifest into unsafe driving tactics, such as tailgating, excessive lane changes, and speeding.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving can cause a driver to become drowsy, have slow reaction times and to lose focus on the road.
- Unsafe Roadways – It is the state’s responsibility to keep highways as safe as possible. Failing to do so can lead to hazardous driving conditions.
- Distracted Drivers – When a driver is talking on the phone or not paying attention to the road, they are cognitively distracted. All it takes is a second of distraction for a tragic accident to occur.
- Tired Drivers – Fatigue is just as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol. Tired drivers can doze off and become hazards to the people around them.
Why You Need the Assistance of a Laredo Car Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident because of another person’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation. Before seeking compensation for your losses, you must be able to present a compelling case. Without a strong claim that demonstrates the other driver is at fault, you may end up with less than you deserve. Being able to prove the other driver is at fault is vital to your case.
At Arnold & Itkin, we have helped hundreds of injured victims recover the compensation they need to secure their future and recover their medical expenses. We have won billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, building a track record that includes hundreds of results of $1 million or more. When it comes to your future, choose a proven advocate.
Want to learn your legal and financial options? Contact our Laredo car accident lawyers today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629!