Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Billions Won by Motorcycle Crash Attorneys in Lafayette
Louisiana residents are no strangers to motorcycle accidents. According to data collected by the Governors Highway Safety Association, 83 people lost their lives in fatal accidents involving motorcycles in 2014. About 1 in 10 auto collisions in Louisiana involve a motorcycle. In Lafayette, motorcycle accidents happen with alarming frequency. Lafayette Parish ranks among the worst parishes in Louisiana for motorcycle fatalities. On August 14, 2018 a fatal motorcycle accident occurred that involved two automobiles and one motorcycle. After a truck struck a smaller compact car, it was forced into the path of a motorcyclist. The safety restraints in both large vehicles ensured that both drivers sustained no injuries. However, the motorcyclist lost his life. This accident emphasizes the heightened danger that motorcyclists face each time they take to the roads.
Thousands of riders are drawn to the freedom the two-wheeled vehicles offer. Unfortunately, the very thing that offers freedom also threatens their well-being. Each year, thousands of accidents happen involving motorcycles. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has research that focuses on motorcycle accidents to promote safer roads for riders. At Arnold & Itkin LLP, our Lafayette motorcycle accident lawyers have won billions of dollars to help our clients rebuild their lives. With our results, our clients have been able to pay for their medical care, replace their lost income, and build financial security. When people have suffered life-changing injuries, they turn to us because they know we deliver.
In 2016, the NHTSA found the following:
- 5,268 motorcycle riders lost their lives
- 14 percent of all accident fatalities are motorcyclists while only 3 percent of all registered vehicles are motorcycles
- Motorcyclists travel only 0.6 percent of the nation’s total mileage, but are 6 times more likely to be in an accident.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, call the attorneys at Arnold & Itkin today at (888) 493-1629 to discuss your legal options at no charge.
What Causes a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents are dangerous because riders have virtually no protection. With two wheels and no restraints, motorcycles become less stable in dangerous situations and offer little safety equipment. An accident that would be minor for a car can be deadly for someone riding a motorcycle.
Motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by the following:
- Left Turn Accidents Motorists often fail to see or misjudge the speed of a motorcycle. When they turn in front of a motorcycle, motorists are essentially putting a brick wall in the rider’s path.
- Blind Spots Motorcycles are small. This means that they often “hide” in the blind spots of other motor vehicles. If drivers are not vigilant about looking for motorcyclists, they could cause a collision.
- Lane Splitting Motorcyclists often use the small size and agility of their bike to ride between lanes. Motorists who change lanes without signaling in front of lane-splitting motorcycles can cause a serious accident.
- Road Hazards Unfortunately, road conditions that are minor for cars are serious hazards for motorcycles. Something as simple as a pothole can cause a devastating accident for a motorcycle. Other road hazards include gravel, roadkill, ice, water, and snow.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
As mentioned above, motorcyclists can be catastrophically injured in accidents that would be only minor collisions for those in large cars.
Serious motorcycle injuries include:
Each of these injuries causes serious damage that affects the future quality of life. This means that those in large vehicles must drive with consideration for the safety of motorcyclists. Even if motorists do not like motorcyclists, they are required by the law to share the road with them.
Contact a Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured due to negligence, contact the motorcycle crash lawyers at Arnold & Itkin today. Our attorneys have won billions of dollars for clients and have the experience to fight for the best possible outcome of your case. No one deserves to live with injuries caused by the recklessness of someone else. Call today to begin the process of rebuilding your life.
Call Arnold & Itkin today at (888) 493-1629. Consultation is free and you do not pay unless we win your case.