Lubbock Car Accident Lawyers
Billions Won in Life-Changing Compensation for the Injured
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the monthly average of fatal crashes in Lubbock has increased since 2017. Additionally, Lubbock has a higher average of fatal car crashes than the state average. These accidents have a terrible effect on our neighbors and our community. Car accidents leave people with serious injuries, leading to significant medical costs and income loss. Serious or fatal car accidents can make a family financially insecure, leaving them without money for medical care, funeral expenses, or basic needs.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical costs, lost income, and other losses. Our Lubbock car accident attorneys at Arnold & Itkin have helped thousands of people recover the compensation they needed to pay their medical expenses and secure their future. Our case results include billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, including hundreds of $1 million or higher results. We can evaluate your claim, help you develop a strong case, and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Contact our Lubbock car accident attorneys for a free case review at (888) 493-1629. We're here to help you.
Common Causes of Lubbock Car Accidents
Any car accident can be caused by a variety of factors, but almost every accident occurs as a result of someone driving recklessly or negligently. Negligent driving is more dangerous than it seems—it only takes a second of distraction to cause a fatal car accident. Accidents can also be caused by negligent maintenance or manufacturing, but proving who is at fault for an accident requires an experienced car accident attorney.
Common causes of Lubbock car accidents include the following:
- Aggressive Driving & Road Rage: Aggressive driving can be extremely dangerous, especially when it leads to tailgating, excessive lane changes, and speeding.
- Defective Equipment: Defective auto parts can also be a contributor to severe car accidents. This may include improperly inflated tires, defective brakes, or a locked steering wheel.
- Distracted Drivers: Distracted driving can be dangerous, especially while texting and driving. It only takes a second for an accident to occur.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is pure negligence. There is no reason any driver should get behind the wheel of their car while drunk or drugged.
- Tired Drivers: Driving fatigued is just as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol. Driving tired means a driver will have slower reflexes, poorer judgement, and is more likely to fall asleep at the wheel.
- Unsafe Roadways: If the local municipality or construction company fails to fix problems on the road, it puts motorists at risk. Hazards can include potholes, roads with limited visibility, and lack of proper traffic signs.
The First Step in Pursuing Compensation After a Car Crash
The first step in seeking compensation for your losses is to contact an attorney who can thoroughly investigate your accident to determine who should be held liable for the accident. An attorney will also be able to handle all communication with your insurance company to ensure they provide you with a fair payout on your claim. If a negligent party was at fault for your injuries, an attorney will also be able to file a lawsuit against them.
Below are helpful questions to ask after being in a car accident:
- Could the accident have been prevented?
- Was the other driver operating his/her vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was the other driver talking or texting on his/her cell phone?
- Was the other driver driving faster than the posted speed limit, or too fast for the weather conditions?
- Was the driver distracting in some way other than those listed above?
If the car accident could have been prevented and was caused because of another driver’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim and hold the person responsible for their actions. Our firm can explain the different legal options for your case.
Car Accident FAQ
How do I deal with a Lubbock car accident during COVID-19?
Dealing with a car accident in the middle of a pandemic can present unique challenges. How do you handle the exchange of insurance information? Should you wear a mask? Take care to comply with local ordinances regarding wearing a mask and social distancing, but a general rule of thumb is to play it safe. If you can, put on your mask before getting out of your vehicle. Maintain a safe distance from the other driver and see if you can exchange information through text instead of physical paperwork. You can take a photo of your license and insurance and text it to the other driver, for example. Use your best judgment, but remember that you need to remain at the scene if there was any property damage or injury.
How can I tell if a car accident settlement offer is fair?
After a car accident, you're left dealing with the insurance company. They may even send you a check in the mail, ask you to sign a statement, or offer a settlement in another way. Before you accept or sign anything, think about talking to an attorney. The insurance company may try to underpay your claim, and if you were seriously injured, you could be entitled to a significant settlement. A Lubbock car accident lawyer at our firm can review your claim and determine if the offer is fair. If it's not, we have the resources and know-how to push for the compensation you deserve.
With every car accident claim, our goal is to help our client get the highest recovery—because that's how we pave the way to a brighter future and protect others from suffering similar fates.
What if my car accident was work-related?
Work-related car accidents should be covered by workers' compensation. In some cases, however, a third party (someone other than your employer or someone you work with) can be held responsible. In these cases, a personal injury lawsuit may be the right way to get the medical treatment and support you need. Our team can talk to you about what happened and how to help you get the help you deserve.
Lubbock Car Crash Attorneys at Arnold & Itkin
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a car accident, you have the right to seek compensation and to hold at-fault parties accountable. In order to seek compensation, you must be able to present compelling evidence to defend your case. Providing evidence that another driver was at fault takes experience and resources—both of which our firm has in abundance. Our attorneys can help you receive the maximum compensation possible for your case. We have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and our track record demonstrates that we have the knowledge to help you through the process.
You deserve the chance to rebuild. Call our Lubbock car accident attorneys at (888) 493-1629 to find out how.