Amarillo Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Our Texas Oilfield Injury Lawyers Help Workers Recover Financially After Preventable Accidents
In Texas, oilfields are a vital part of the state’s economy. Besides helping to extract the energy that the nation needs, Texas oilfields help employ workers throughout the state. While a source of income and opportunity for workers, oilfield work can be dangerous. Heavy equipment, dangerous substances, and other qualities found at oil exploration and extraction sites means that workers are constantly exposed to dangers throughout their shift. However, the danger present in oilfields doesn’t mean that accidents are excusable.
Employers and the managers of oilfield worksites are required by law to prevent accidents from happening. When they fail to take the proper steps, workers unfairly suffer and have their life changed by the serious repercussions associated with accidents. At Arnold & Itkin LLP, our team of Amarillo oilfield accident lawyers are focused on helping workers recover financially after they’ve had their life unfairly changed. No one deserves to struggle because a company failed to be responsible, and we’re ready to fight for their recover—no matter what.
Call Arnold & Itkin LLP today at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation with our Amarillo oilfield accident lawyers.
Dangers of Oilfield Work
Oil rigs and derricks are filled with dangers for workers. Employers and the companies that profit from these sites are expected to protect employees from the dangers that are known to exist at them. From heavy equipment to flammable oil products, safety must always be the top priority of every company. When companies cut corners and neglect even a small safety practice, workers pay the steepest prices after an accident.
Amarillo oilfield accidents often involve events such as:
- Explosions, fires, and toxic exposure: Oil is toxic to humans and extremely flammable. One small spark or leak can cause a significant fire or explosion. Workers that suffer from one of these accidents usually do so because of poor planning, maintenance, or safety management from their company. Since fires and explosions are often extremely strong at oilfield worksites, they cause injuries that can change a worker’s entire way of life.
- Slip and falls: While it’s easy to blame a person’s clumsiness for a slip or fall accident, doing so blames the wrong person. Poor maintenance, slippery surfaces, and inadequately marked hazards often result in a worker suffering from an accident that would have never happened with adequate safety practices.
- Falling objects: Oil rigs are often tall, placing workers at risk from objects falling and harming them. Tools used at heights should be adequately secured, and machines must be anchored to protect workers beneath them. Often, many injuries caused by falling objects would have been prevented with the installation of a safety net.
- Malfunctioning equipment: An oil rig’s equipment needs to work perfectly to avoid serious accidents. Yet, many companies neglect maintaining their equipment after getting too comfortable with years of reliable use. Just one mechanical failure can be enough to trigger a catastrophic accident at a oilfield worksite.
Amarillo Oilfield Accident Injuries
Injuries caused by oilfield accidents are particularly serious because how they change the lives of the people who suffer from them. Often, injuries from these incidents are life changing. They inflict significant and lasting pain, require extensive medical care, and change a person’s ability to work.
Amarillo oilfield accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Toxic exposure
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- And more
While all the injuries listed above are different, they have one thing in common: they are financially stressful for those who have them. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a set of regulations and standards that owners of oilfield operations must follow. If they fail to do so, they should be held accountable for the damages workers experience in the wake of an accident.
Amarillo oilfield workers and their families can seek compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills
- The cost of future care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- And more
Amarillo Oilfield Accident FAQ
Who Can be Held Liable After an Oilfield Accident?
The people who own and operate oilfield worksites are required by the law to make sure workers are safe. Since the dangers of working in the oil industry are particularly obvious, employers must make every effort possible to prevent accidents. Besides owners of sites, other companies, contractors, and site managers can be held liable for their part in an oilfield accident.
What Do Oilfield Accident Lawsuits Help With?
An Amarillo oilfield accident lawsuit should focus on helping a worker obtain the compensation they need because of their accident. Personal injury lawsuits help workers recover compensation for lost wages, medical bills, future care, and the loss of the ability to work. Additionally, a person might be able to seek compensation for the pain and suffering an accident has inflicted on them. Speaking with our Amarillo oilfield accident lawyers is a great way to discover what options for recovery are available to you.
Should I Accept My Company’s Settlement Offer?
No. Often, companies offer injured workers a low settlement with the hope that it’ll be accepted. Once a worker accepts an offer that is low, they’ll be unable to pursue their employer for further compensation. For example, a company’s $100,000 offer might seem fair, but it might only be doing so it can avoid paying a much higher amount of compensation to a worker with extensive injuries and losses. Calling Arnold & Itkin LLP is free, fast, and will help you decide if you company’s settlement offer is in your best interest.
Our Amarillo Oilfield Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Help at (888) 493-1629
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we’re proud that our firm has earned a reputation for helping clients obtain the compensation they need after a serious accident. Our team of Amarillo oilfield accident lawyers know that people come to them when they feel like they’ve lost everything. It’s our mission to stand up for the justice they deserve and show them that recovery is possible. Over the years, we’ve refused to settle for less than clients deserve and have recovered billions of dollars for them as a result.
If you’re wondering how you’re going to carry on with life after a serious oilfield accident, we’re standing by to help. Call us now at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation with our team.