Lake Charles Car Accident Lawyers
Billions Won by Car Crash Attorneys in Lake Charles, LA
Although every driver knows the risks of getting behind the wheel, car accident victims are often not at fault for their injuries. Negligence and reckless driving is a large contributor to car accidents in Louisiana. The Highway Safety Research Group from Louisiana State University discovered that car accidents caused 2,681 injuries per 100,000 people statewide in 2015. Statistically, 1 out of 50 people in the state of Louisiana will get injured or die in a car accident their lifetime.
The people of Lake Charles are in desperate need of representation. If you've been injured or lost a loved one in a car collision, speak with the Lake Charles car accident attorneys at Arnold & Itkin LLP. Our firm has won billions in verdicts and settlements for our clients, helping them get the care and financial relief they needed for the rest of their lives. When people across the nation face a lifetime of injury and pain, they turn to us to make it right because we deliver. Speak with us today to learn your legal and financial options.
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident, contact our Lake Charles car crash lawyers today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629! Compensation for your injuries could help you secure your future.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Lake Charles
Car crashes can occur for a variety of reasons; however, several common factors lead to accidents. If drivers behaved responsibly, many accidents could be prevented. Unfortunately, when drivers act negligently, it's often other drivers who pay the price.
Some of the common causes of car crashes include:
- Insufficient Vehicle Maintenance: Vehicles require frequent maintenance to avoid potential disasters. A sudden engine failure or a blown tire can result in a catastrophic accident.
- Aggressive Driving: It is vital for drivers to control their emotions behind the wheel. Aggressive driving can result in tailgating, extreme change of lanes, and excessive speeds.
- Driving Under the Influence: A leading cause of car accidents nationwide is driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk drivers may fall asleep at the wheel, demonstrate impaired judgment, or react too slowly.
- Dangerous Roads: Poorly maintained roads can also contribute to car accidents. Hazardous roads may include potholes or roads with limited visibility.
- Negligent or Distracted Driving: Safely operating a vehicle requires a driver’s full attention. Driving distracted may include using a smartphone, but it can also include talking to passengers, eating while driving, or even adjusting the stereo.
- Fatigued Driving: Studies show the effects of driving fatigued is similar to driving under the influence of alcohol. Drivers that lack sufficient rest have slower reaction times and impaired judgment.
What Is the First Step to Pursuing Compensation?
The first thing to do after sustaining injuries in a car accident is to call a lawyer to learn if you can seek compensation for your losses. Doing so can help you secure your future and receive the financial relief needed for your recovery. Lake Charles car crash lawyers can investigate your case to determine who is liable for your car crash.
Below is a list of helpful questions to ask after being in a car accident:
- Could the accident have been prevented?
- Was the other driver operating his/her vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Was the driver talking on his/her cell phone?
- Was the other driver driving faster than the posted speed limit, or too fast for the weather conditions?
- Was the driver distracted in some way other than those listed above?
Talk to Our Team of Lake Charles Car Accident Attorneys: (888) 493-1629
Attorneys at Arnold & Itkin have helped thousands of catastrophic injury victims and their families. We have won hundreds of results of $1 million or more and dozens of results of $10 million or more, adding up to billions of dollars in results. Our case history includes winning the largest single-injury verdict in Louisiana history, the largest verdict for an amputee in national history, and other record-setting verdicts. Each result went toward helping our clients rebuild their lives in concrete and long-term ways, so speak with us today to learn your options.
Contact our Lake Charles car accident attorneys today for a free consultation: (888) 493-1629!