San Angelo Oilfield Accident Attorneys
Our Oilfield Injury Lawyers Demand the Answers Workers Need
The oil and gas industry is one of the most dangerous lines of work in the United States. Due to the serious risk that oilfield workers face every day, life-changing accidents are more common than most people realize. Oil and gas companies have earned a reputation for putting derrick operators, truck drivers, and roughnecks at constant risk. But it doesn’t have to be that way—oilfield accidents could be prevented if employers followed the required industry safety procedures.
If you’ve been injured in an oilfield accident because of another person’s negligence, you are entitled to seek compensation for your loss. The San Angelo oilfield accident lawyers at Arnold & Itkin have helped hundreds of injured workers recover the compensation they rightfully deserve. We have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we continue to get record-setting verdicts and settlements nationwide. If you’ve been injured because of a negligent employer or co-worker, you shouldn’t have to pay the cost of their carelessness. Let our team of experienced San Angelo oilfield injury attorneys help you.
We fight to help our clients get the best results possible. Contact our San Angelo oilfield accident attorneys today for a free case review at (888) 493-1629!
How Dangerous Is Defective Equipment?
Oilfield workers understand the risks involved in their jobs, and they take the precaution necessary to prevent accidents. However, even if they take the maximum precautions, injuries can still occur due to the negligence of their employers. There are many cases where employers fail to properly maintain machinery that workers use on a daily basis. If machinery is defective, explosions and fires can occur, which can lead to catastrophic injuries.
Defective machinery can also leak toxic chemicals. Studies show that fracking exposes workers to dangerous levels of benzene—a colorless gas that damages the nervous system, kidney, liver, and immune system. Research also discovered that benzene is linked to cancer. These high risks demonstrate the importance of keeping machinery maintained, no matter how much an employer might want to cut costs. Employers that fail to maintain a safe work environment can be held liable for their negligence.
Potential Dangers Faced by Oilfield Workers
According to the United States Department of Labor, over 200 workers sustain fatal injuries in the oil and gas industry every year. The dangers of the workplace result in serious accidents that are commonly caused by companies failing to do their job and provide workers with the safety required.
Owners and supervisors may be held liable for any of the following injuries:
- Explosions, fires, toxic exposure: Hazardous chemicals and combustion can severely harm a worker’s health and results in serious injuries. These types of accidents occur because of poor management, inadequate training, or defective equipment.
- Slips and falls: Slip and fall accidents are often caused by an employer’s negligence. For example, employers that fail to place guardrails or harnesses for workers at great heights may be held responsible for these types of accidents.
- Falling objects: Employees that work at elevated heights may drop a tool or drop a piece of equipment that can fall on another worker. Employers should be providing workers with gear and safety features to secure tools and prevent them from falling.
- Defective Equipment: Oilfield owners are responsible for updating equipment and repairing defective machinery.
Taking on Cases Against Large Oil & Gas Companies
Our San Angelo Oilfield accident attorneys handle cases against companies such as the following:
- Apache Corporation
- Baker Hughes
- Burlington Resources
- Cactus Drilling Company, LLC
- Chesapeake Energy
- Chicago Bridge & Iron
- COG Operating LLC
- Devon Energy Corporation
- Encana Corporation
- EOG Resources
- Endeavor Energy Resources
- EP Energy
- Helix Energy Solutions Group
- Helmerich & Payne
- Kinder Morgan
- Marathon Oil Corporation
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Motiva Enterprises
- Murphy Oil Corporation
- Noble Energy
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- PBF Energy
- Phillips 66
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Sendero Drilling
- SM Energy
- Turner Industries Group LLC
- Valero Energy
- Weatherford International
- XTO Energy Inc.
Call Our San Angelo Oilfield Accident Lawyers Today at (888) 493-1629!
Arnold & Itkin understands the difficulties that oilfield workers deal with when they experience a work accident. If you have sustained serious injuries because of another person’s negligence, and you are overwhelmed with medical bills and other related expenses, contact our attorneys as soon as possible. We have recovered billions of dollars for our clients, and we have record-setting verdicts and settlements nationwide. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping every client receive the best possible results for their case.
Contact our San Angelo oilfield accident attorneys today for a free case review at (888) 493-1629.