$860 Million Crane Collapse Verdict
A few years ago, a grieving mother called our New Mexico construction accident lawyers over a construction accident. Her daughter died in her own apartment when a crane across the street inexplicably collapsed on her building. Our investigation found that the crane had been improperly maintained, causing it to fall over due to wind speeds that were well within its structural limits.
We went after the project supervisors and executives, whose negligence robbed our client of her daughter. In an explosive cross-examination, we made both defendants admit their wrongdoing for the public record. The jury awarded our client $860 million to teach the defendants a lesson and as a memorial to the young woman they killed.
Your Rights After a Construction Site Accident in New Mexico
If you have been injured in a construction accident, you need to know that you have rights. Understanding these can make all the difference as you work to rebuild your life.
After a construction accident in New Mexico, you have the right to:
- Seek medical attention from whichever doctor you prefer.
- Report your work injury to your employer and to pursue workers’ compensation or other benefits.
- Pursue benefits and/or compensation for your medical care, lost earnings, and possibly more.
- Wait until you are healed and have your doctor’s approval to return to work.
- Seek retribution if your employer fires or demotes you for reporting a construction site injury.
These rights exist, but they must be actively asserted and protected. Our New Mexico construction accident attorneys have the wherewithal and experience to protect your rights through every step of your case.
Types of New Mexico Construction Site Accidents
Construction sites can be dangerous for various reasons, but accidents are not inevitable. They are largely preventable, and by implementing safety standards and properly training workers, most can be prevented.
Our lawyers help construction workers across New Mexico with cases involving:
- Ladder falls
- Scaffolding accidents
- Power tool injuries
- Construction equipment injuries
- Construction vehicle accidents
- Crane accidents
- Excavation accidents
- Trench collapses
- Electrocution/electrical injuries
- Chemical/toxic exposure
- Amputation accidents
- Struck by objects
Regardless of the type of accident and the injuries you experienced, you have the right to seek treatment and fair compensation. Our Albuquerque construction site accident attorneys are standing by to explain your options and rights so you can make informed decisions from this point on. We're here to help.
Recovering Compensation After a Construction Accident
Because construction site accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, it is important to recover fair compensation. The damages in a construction accident lawsuit are meant to help an injured worker or the family of a worker who has lost their life rebuild. Because the at-fault party cannot go back in time to prevent the accident from happening in the first place, they are held responsible for replacing the injured party's losses.
A successful construction site injury case in New Mexico may include damages for:
- Economic damages, including financial losses like medical expenses, the cost of ongoing care or treatment, property damage, lost earnings, loss of future/potential wages, and more.
- Non-economic damages, including emotional trauma, pain and suffering, disfigurement, scarring, loss of enjoyment of life, and similar consequences of the worker's injuries.
It’s important to take the right course of legal action after a construction accident. This will be your opportunity to recover compensation that can help you put your life back together.
Talk to Our New Mexico Construction Injury Lawyers
Arnold & Itkin has an impeccable record when it comes to representing the injured and wronged. We won over $1 billion for our clients in 2019 alone, and our complete track record includes over $15 billion in verdicts and settlements. Our opponents fear us because they know we won’t back down until we reach the best possible result for the person or family we’re representing.
Our notable construction accident case results include:
- An unprecedented $860 million verdict for a crane collapse victim who died due to improper storage and maintenance.
- A record-setting $44 million settlement for a construction superintendent who lost his leg after a crane collapsed and pinned him to the ground.
- A $4.97 million settlement for a worker who was seriously injured while performing maintenance and construction at a chemical plant.
- A $2.78 million settlement for a contractor who suffered serious neck and back injuries while performing construction work at a plant in Louisiana.
- A $2 million settlement for a worker who was injured while performing construction work on a jack-up rig in Singapore.
Because we’re experienced with personal injury, workers’ compensation, and product liability lawsuits related to construction site accidents, we are confident in our ability to take the right approach to your claim.
Call (888) 493-1629 today. Our Albuquerque construction injury attorneys are standing by to help!