New Mexico Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Choose Top Albuquerque Car Accident Attorneys to Handle Your Case
To understand the severity of auto crashes, consider these New Mexico traffic accident stats from 2019:
- 48,124 traffic crashes occurred
- 119,118 people were involved
- 20,415 people suffered injuries
- 425 people were killed
These numbers highlight the severe problem facing drivers on roads throughout the state of New Mexico. In fact, New Mexico's fatality rate is higher than the national average and almost half of all fatalities involved alcohol in some capacity. Five percent of the population and four percent of licensed drivers were in a crash.
Were you involved in a motor vehicle accident? Take this opportunity to talk to a New Mexico car accident attorney at our firm: (888) 493-1629. Your consultation is free and confidential!
Common Causes of Car Accidents in New Mexico
Per the New Mexico Department of Transportation, top factors in traffic accidents are:
- Driver inattention
- Failure to yield
- Following too closely
- Alcohol abuse
- Drug abuse
- Excessive speed
The following are additional causes and contributing factors:
- Dangerous roadways
- Animals in the road
- Heavy weather
- Defective auto parts
- Driving while tired
- Inexperienced drivers
Some accidents have more than one cause. Determining what caused your car accident is important because it will influence who can be held responsible. For example, if another driver was tailgating you and rear-ended your vehicle, they should be responsible for paying for the damage to your car, your medical bills, and any other losses or expenses you've been left to deal with. The driver's insurance company would likely pay. If an 18-wheeler merged into your lane without warning because the trucker was inexperienced or reckless, the truck driver and the trucking company could be responsible. Finding all sources of fault and compensation will be crucial.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Any car accident can cause injury. Whether it's a minor "fender bender" or a high-speed crash with a large truck, the driver and any passengers may be left with serious and even life-changing injuries. Factors like speed, the size of each vehicle, seat belt use, the location of impact, how quickly emergency services can respond, and the age and health of a driver or passenger will all influence what injuries they experience.
Potential car accident injuries include:
- Airbag injuries
- Facial trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and bruises
No matter the extent of your injuries, our New Mexico personal injury attorneys are confident in our ability to help.
After an Albuquerque Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Albuquerque or anywhere in New Mexico, you need to take a few steps to protect yourself. Every situation is unique, but doing the following ensures your health and your legal rights are put first — which might not happen if you don't act quickly.
- If the accident is blocking traffic or someone has been seriously injured, call 911.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including contact, insurance, and license info.
- If you can, take pictures of your vehicle, the scene, your injuries, and more.
- Get contact information for any witnesses and badges/names of emergency personnel.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you feel your injuries are minor.
- Be careful about what you say. Don't admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Contact a New Mexico car accident attorney to learn your legal options.
Types of New Mexico Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
Our firm represents workers, drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. We also help families file wrongful death cases after losing loved ones in collisions.
Our New Mexico motor vehicle accident firm can take on cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Ambulance accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Work-related auto accidents
Some of our notable motor vehicle accident case results include:
- $117 million settlement for a pregnant woman who was injured in an ambulance accident.
- $12 million settlement for a truck driver who was crushed by his own cargo.
- $10 million settlement for a family that lost 2 loved ones in a collision with an 18-wheeler.
- $10 million settlement for a family that lost their father in a crash with a large commercial truck.
- $4 million settlement for a man who suffered permanent injuries in a traffic accident.
Get Help from a Skilled New Mexico Car Accident Lawyer: (888) 493-1629
If you are one of the those who have been involved in a serious motor vehicle accident, it is important to know that you are not without hope. By hiring an experienced trial attorney, you can work toward recovering the full and fair compensation that you deserve to put your life back on track once more. At Arnold & Itkin, we are proven trial attorneys who have what it takes to help you recover the financial compensation that you deserve. If you have been injured in a car accident, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
You may be entitled to recover compensation that covers the following:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Any other losses experienced
Regardless of what caused your accident, you should not have to suffer in silence. By getting the help of our Albuquerque motor vehicle accident firm, we can evaluate your case to determine who is liable and begin our fight to recover compensation that is comprehensive in nature for past, current, and future costs.
Call (888) 493-1629 to learn more about how we can help!