Shreveport Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in North LA
When an accident occurs, survivors and their families are often forced to deal with the consequences for months afterward. However, when severe injuries and long-term impact compound these hardships into lifelong problems, then the damages would be considered catastrophic. These serious injuries take up a special legal category and often rob a person of physical, legal, or financial independence.
The Shreveport catastrophic injury lawyers at Arnold & Itkin are dedicated to holding accountable those at fault for inflicting such serious harm. When someone’s life is changed forever, we fight to earn them the compensation they deserve from negligent parties. Catastrophic injuries may be caused by employer negligence, car accidents, and many other incidents where a person’s actions have serious consequences on others.
If you have been injured by negligence, call the Shreveport catastrophic injury attorneys at Arnold & Itkin today at (888) 493-1629 for a free consultation.
Catastrophic Injury FAQs
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
As mentioned above, catastrophic injuries are not a specific set of injuries. Instead, injuries are defined as catastrophic when they inflict life-changing hardships. This means that some incidents may be catastrophic and while others may not be, even if they involve the same type of injury. For example, a person with a head injury may make a full recovery or experience a lifetime of cognitive issues, depending on the circumstances of their injury.
Though causes of catastrophic injuries vary, the following injuries are often catastrophic:
- Burn Injuries—Serious burn injuries destroy large portions of the body and may cause scarring that affects victims physically and mentally for the rest of their life. The most severe burns require extensive surgeries, amputations, or cause permanent nerve damage.
- Blunt Force Trauma—Blunt force trauma occurs when an object strikes with enough force to cause serious injury. One of the most common blunt force traumas that lead to catastrophic injury is blunt force trauma to the head, which can cause a lifetime of cognitive problems.
- Hearing & Vision Loss—When an injury causes the loss or impairment of a person’s vision or hearing, they are forced to completely change how they interact with the world around them. This period of adjustment is often costly, as it requires many to seek a new career, take fewer hours at work, and invest in resources and tools to aid them.
- Spinal Cord Injuries—These injuries subject survivors to drastic lifestyle changes. Spinal cord damage impairs physical movement and, in the worse cases, causes complete paralysis.
- Neck & Back Injuries—The neck and back face a lot of stress from the rigors of daily life. In fact, these areas are the most common location of pain for the average American. Serious injuries to these areas cause a lifetime of discomfort and limited mobility.
- Neurological Injuries—Damage to the brain or the nervous system results in serious impairment to our mobility and quality of life. The loss of fine motor control, the loss of our senses, or even nerve pain can end our careers or subject us to physical hardship for the rest of our lives.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim?
Louisiana law allows for catastrophic injury claims to be made within one year of the date of the incident that caused the injury. If your insurer is not offering enough for you to cover your medical costs and lost wages, you'll want to find a lawyer who is willing to take your case to court.
Claimants may seek the following in a catastrophic injury case:
- Medical bills and the cost of future care
- The loss of wages and a reduced capacity to earn money
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
It is important to note that Louisiana has limits that govern how much an individual may seek in damages in certain instances. Obtaining the help of an experienced catastrophic injury attorney will help you ensure that you are pursuing as much as you need to live the rest of your life in peace.
Call Our Shreveport Catastrophic Injury Lawyers: (888) 493-1629
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries caused by someone else's negligence, contact the experienced attorneys at Arnold & Itkin today. When you contact our firm, you'll get the legal team that won the largest single-incident catastrophic injury settlement in the history of Louisiana, as well as dozens of eight-figure results and hundreds of seven-figure results.
Our North Louisiana catastrophic accident attorneys understand how difficult your life may be right now. As we fight to obtain compensation for your current medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses, we will not require that you pay any fees. Instead, you will only pay us if we obtain results in your case. All you should be thinking about is how to heal and move forward from your accident.
Call today for a free consultation at (888) 493-1629. A member of our legal team is always available to speak with you and explain your legal and financial options.