San Antonio Oilfield Accident Attorneys
Representing Injured Oilfield Workers in Texas & Nationwide
The oil and gas industry injures thousands of workers every year, making it one of the most dangerous industries in the United States. Oil workers understand the dangers their work involves, and they take precautions to prevent serious injury. Unfortunately, a worker’s caution isn’t enough to keep them from getting hurt. Often, accidents occur because employers fail to provide workers with the proper equipment and training, oversights that lead to serious accidents.
Arnold & Itkin understand the challenges you face after an oilfield accident. Tragic work accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, expensive medical bills, and loss of income. If you have sustained injuries in an oilfield accident because of an employer’s negligent behavior, you have the right to seek compensation for your losses. A San Antonio oilfield accident attorney at Arnold & Itkin can fight to recover everything you need to rebuild your life: medical care, lost wages, and more.
Contact our San Antonio oilfield accident lawyers today for a free case review at (888) 493-1629!
Dangers of Faulty Equipment
Oilfield workers use heavy machinery that can be dangerous if it isn’t handled properly or is defective. Malfunctioning oil extraction equipment can trigger an explosion or fire. Every piece of equipment used to extract, transport, and store oil is owned and maintained by oil and gas companies. It is, therefore, their responsibility to keep these processes and equipment free from hazards. Companies often fail to repair or upkeep equipment to reduce costs—putting their worker’s lives at risk.
Defective equipment causes also cause workers to become exposed to toxic chemicals. If a chemical leaks, it’s usually because an employee was not properly trained or because the machinery used is defective. Employers often fail to provide a safe work environment, and they must be held responsible for their negligent behavior.
Potential Hazards Faced at an Oilfield Workplace
Over 200 workers sustained fatal injuries a year in Texas, according to the United States Department of Labor. Many workplace accidents are caused because of the supervisor’s negligence or irresponsibility.
Owners and employers may be held liable for any of the following injuries:
- Explosions, fires, exposure to chemicals: When workers are exposed to hazardous chemicals or combustion, it is because these materials are out of place or because of poor management.
- Slips and falls: Most people would believe that slips and falls are caused by clumsiness, but this isn’t always the case. Workers fall if employers fail to place guardrails or harnesses for workers at great heights.
- Falling objects: Workers at elevated heights may drop a tool or a piece of equipment that can fall and hurt another worker. These tools should be secured on the worker to prevent objects from falling and harming others.
- Malfunctioning equipment: Oilfield owners are responsible for renovating wear and tear on equipment to prevent them becoming a hazard in the workplace.
Taking on Cases Against Large Companies in the Oil & Gas Industry
Our San Antonio Oilfield accident attorneys handle cases against companies such as the following:
- Apache Corporation
- Baker Hughes
- Burlington Resources
- Cactus Drilling Company, LLC
- Chesapeake Energy
- Chicago Bridge & Iron
- COG Operating LLC
- Devon Energy Corporation
- Encana Corporation
- EOG Resources
- Endeavor Energy Resources
- EP Energy
- Helix Energy Solutions Group
- Helmerich & Payne
- Kinder Morgan
- Marathon Oil Corporation
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Motiva Enterprises
- Murphy Oil Corporation
- Noble Energy
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- PBF Energy
- Phillips 66
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Sendero Drilling
- SM Energy
- Turner Industries Group LLC
- Valero Energy
- Weatherford International
- XTO Energy Inc.
Call Our San Antonio Oilfield Accident Lawyers: (888) 493-1629
Arnold & Itkin knows the challenge that oilfield workers face after an accident. The first step to receive compensation is to contact an experienced oilfield accident attorney in San Antonio. An attorney will be able to investigate your accident and develop a strong case on your behalf. Seeking compensation will help you receive financial security and will help get your life back on track. The team at Arnold & Itkin have helped thousands of injured workers secure the compensation they deserve to recover their losses after an accident. We have recovered billions of dollars for our clients, setting verdict and settlement records nationwide.
If you were involved in an oilfield accident, don’t hesitate to contact us at (888) 493-1629 for a free case review!