PBF Energy Accident Attorneys
Choose a National Leader in Plant & Refinery Accident Cases
Headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, PBF Energy is one of the largest U.S. refiners and suppliers of unbranded transportation fuel, lubricants, heating oils, and other petroleum products. The company was formed in 2008 and has experienced significant growth since, acquiring multiple refineries and expanding production capacity as a result. As of 2019, PBF Energy had 3,442 employees.
Unfortunately, PBF Energy does not have a clean safety record. In 2020, a fire at the PBF Energy refinery in Delaware City critically injured 2 workers. This was the third fire in less than two years at the same facility. In 2015, an accident at the PBF Energy refinery in Paulsboro, New Jersey claimed a worker’s life when an air compressor line broke and struck him as he was sandblasting a tank.
If you work for PBF Energy, you have rights if you’re injured on the job. If a family member lost their life while working at a PBF Energy refinery, you also have rights. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits or may have grounds for a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against any individual or company that contributed to your injuries or loss. These cases are complicated, however, so it’s important to talk to an attorney about your options.
Call (888) 493-1629 today to find out what our PBF Energy lawyers can do to help you.
PBF Energy Refineries
PBF Energy’s six refineries are located in five different states and produce asphalt, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, petrochemicals, heating oil, and more:
- Chalmette, Louisiana – Located outside of New Orleans, the Chalmette refinery processes various crude oils, primarily gasoline, as well as distillates and specialty chemicals. Its location on the Gulf Coast allows the refinery to distribute through maritime assets and pipelines.
- Toledo, Ohio – Located on 282 acres, the Toledo refinery processes crude oils from the Bakken region, the Gulf Coast, Canada, and the Mid-Continent.
- Paulsboro, New Jersey – Located on about 950 acres on the Delaware River, the Paulsboro refinery works together with the Delaware City refinery to process crude oils. The Paulsboro refinery is the largest asphalt producer on the East Coast.
- Delaware City, Delaware – Located on 5,000 acres on the Delaware River and complete with an extensive network of pipelines, trucks, tankers, barges, and rail, the refinery is one of the largest and most complex on the East Coast.
- Torrance, California – A former ExxonMobil refinery that’s located on 700 acres, the Torrance refinery processes heavy and medium crude oils. It produces about 1.8 billion gallons of gasoline each year.
- Martinez, California – Located on 860 acres about 30 miles northeast of San Francisco, the Martinez refinery is one of the most complex refineries in the U.S. In addition to its refinery capabilities, the facility has product distribution terminals and storage facilities that can hold about 8.8 million barrels.
Accidents & Injuries at PBF Energy Facilities
Refineries and processing plants are dangerous places when equipment is outdated, inspections are glossed over, and workers are not properly trained or supported. Companies like PBF Energy have a responsibility to follow environmental regulations and to implement safety standards to protect workers.
When they don’t, they must be held responsible.
Our PBF Energy accident attorneys can help with cases involving:
- Refinery fires and explosions
- Falls from heights
- Tanker truck accidents
- Pipeline explosions
- Chemical spills
- Toxic exposure
- Equipment malfunction
- Heavy machinery accidents
Incidents like this can cause severe burns, broken bones, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries, leading to permanent disabilities and lasting psychological trauma. Getting the right treatment and recovering fair compensation will make all the difference in a worker’s ability to rebuild and move on. That is why, when our attorneys take on a case of this kind, we work tirelessly to secure the best possible result.
Get Your Free Consultation Today
You deserve answers. By getting a free consultation with our PBF Energy lawsuit attorneys, you can find out more about your options and the steps we can take to protect your interests. At Arnold & Itkin, we have the resources to conduct independent investigations into refinery accidents and other industrial injuries, enabling us to uncover the truth and hold at-fault parties accountable.
Take the first step to recovery after a serious PBF Energy refinery accident. Contact our team today!