According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Citgo was cited for five safety violations in 2012 alone. OSHA stated that Citgo failed to have the proper safeguards in place to protect employees from the release of toxic chemicals—placing workers and surrounding communities in danger. Serious accidents occur where there is substantial risk of death or serious injury. When those accidents result from a preventable hazard that the employer should have solved long before an accident took place, workers need to stand up for themselves. If an employer is not held accountable, it only leads to further fatal injuries—just like it did in the 2015 incident. That's what our Citgo refinery accident lawyers do: help workers use their voices and rebuild their lives.
If you or a loved one were injured in a Citgo accident, Arnold & Itkin can help. We refuse to let companies neglect their duty to their workers. Learn more by calling a Citgo lawsuit attorney at our firm at (888) 493-1629 or contact us online.
Locations of Citgo Refineries Nationwide
- Citgo Corpus Christi Refinery (Texas)
- Citgo Lake Charles Manufacturing Complex (Louisiana)
- Citgo Lemont Refinery (Illinois)
No matter where your accident or injury occurred, a Citgo claim lawyer at Arnold & Itkin may be able to assist you. We represent workers across the U.S. and have secured record results in numerous states.
2009 Citgo Refinery Hydrofluoric Acid Leak & Fire
In December 2009, a fire in the alkylation unit at Citgo’s Corpus Christi refinery led to a release of hydrofluoric acid. The incident occurred when violent shaking in the process recycle piping broke two threaded connections, releasing flammable hydrocarbons. As a result, one worker was critically burned, and another worker was treated for possible HF exposure during emergency response activates. The sudden failure of a control valve that could have been prevented with the proper backup system and training management.
Our Refinery Accident Attorneys Fight for Life-Changing Compensation
Arnold & Itkin is familiar representing clients against the largest companies nationwide. Regardless of the complexity of your case, our refinery accident attorneys will work hard to deliver you the best possible outcome for your case. We have helped hundreds of workers receive the compensation they deserve for their losses.
- $97 Million Secured for Victims of a Refinery Fire: Our firm was able to secure a huge settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Arnold & Itkin attorneys fought for justice against some of the largest corporations in the world. This settlement helped our clients receive the medical attention need and financial security for their future.
- $39.7 Million Received for an Dust Explosion Survivor: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered a record-setting verdict of $39.7 million on behalf of a worker who was severely burned in a dust fire and explosion at a Georgia-Pacific plywood plant in Carrigan, TX. Arnold & Itkin LLP was able to prove that the client was innocent and help the client be compensated for medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, mental anguish, amongst more.
- $12 Million Received for Severely Burned Plant Worker: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered $12 million on behalf of a plant worker who suffered burns when a safety valve failed at the refinery he was working at. Arnold & Itkin helped this client receive the compensation they deserved to move on from this tragic incident.
Contact Our Citgo Refinery Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Knowing what the next steps are after a work injury can be overwhelming. That's why our Citgo refinery accident attorneys share their vast knowledge and experience to help you understand your options and get what you need. At Arnold & Itkin, our attorneys work tirelessly to help you and your family get the best possible outcome.
Contact a Citgo lawsuit attorney by calling (888) 493-1629 or using our online form. Your consultation is free!
Arnold & Itkin in the News