Over 200 accidents were reported in Calumet Lubricants from 2005-2014. The most likely causes of these accidents are equipment malfunction, poor employee training, unseen corrosion, poor facility maintenance and unsafe working conditions. Time and time again, Calumet Lubricants accident attorneys at Arnold & Itkin LLP hear about employee injuries that could have been prevented. We refuse to stand by and let companies neglect their duty. If you have been injured in a Calumet Lubricant accident, contact our refinery accident attorneys as soon as possible. Review your options for free with an attorney today.
To learn how our accident attorneys can help you, get in touch today for a free case review: (888) 493-1629.
Calumet Lubricants Locations Nationwide
- Bel-Ray Company, LLC (New Jersey)
- Calumet Burnham Terminal (Illinois)
- Calumet Cotton Valley Refining (Louisiana)
- Calumet Dickinson Refining (Texas)
- Calumet Karns City (Pennsylvania)
- Calumet Louisiana Synthetics (Missouri)
- Calumet Montana Refining (Montana)
- Calumet San Antonio Refining (Texas)
- Specialty Oilfield Solutions (Texas)
- Royal Purple (Texas)
2016 Calumet Lubricants Wrongful Death
In 2016, a Calumet employee was fatally injured while on the job at the Shreveport refinery. The employee sustained severe injuries while working on the site and died on his way to the hospital. According to the United States Department of Labor, Calumet Shreveport Lubricants & Waxes LLC was issued citations for 22 alleged serious violation and 2 alleged repeated violations of federal health and safety regulations. The company’s negligence is what lead to the death of this refinery worker.
“Working in a plant is so dangerous because the equipment is so old. There hasn’t been a new plant brought online for decades. Then you have immense pressure and dangerous chemicals all around you. It’s a recipe for disaster—and that’s why so many people are hurt. They make so much money from these plants, and they invest so little back. I’m always shocked at how they foresaw the problem—they knew it was a problem—and they just didn’t fix it. It shocks me.”
– Plant Explosion Lawyer Kurt Arnold
Our Refinery Accident Attorneys Have Won Billions for Injured Workers
At Arnold & Itkin, we've helped injured workers win billions to help them take care of themselves and their families. We have won hundreds of cases and have set records on local, state, and national levels. We focus on helping our clients through every step of the way because we understand how overwhelming the time is after an accident.
- $97 Million Secured for Refinery Workers: Our firm was able to secure a huge settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Arnold & Itkin attorneys fought for justice against some of the largest corporations in the world. This settlement helped our clients receive the medical attention they needed and secure their financial future.
- $39.7 Million Received for Industrial Accident: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered a record-setting verdict of $39.7 million on behalf of a worker who was severely burned in a dust fire and explosion at a Georgia-Pacific plywood plant in Corrigan, TX.
- $12 Million Received for Burn Injuries: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered $12 million on behalf of a plant worker who suffered burns when a safety valve failed at the refinery he was working at. Arnold & Itkin helped this client receive the compensation he deserved to move on.
Contact Our Calumet Lubricant Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
At Arnold & Itkin, we are committed to helping you and your family receive the best possible outcome for your case. We understand the devastating time you are going through. We are here to help you every step of the way: our team often helps our clients find medical specialists who are experts in treating their unique injuries; we make sure our clients pay nothing toward their case so they can focus on getting better and making ends meet; and we fight to make sure the company at fault cannot escape responsibility for what they did. Our work not only helps our client's future—a strong case secures the future of every person who works at the same refinery as our clients.
Our Calumet Lubricant accident attorneys' vast knowledge and experience can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today (888) 493-1629.
Arnold & Itkin in the News