What to Do After a Texas Truck Accident
Truck drivers are well trained professionals. They undergo extensive training to become qualified drivers. The job is challenging, requiring hours of concentration on the road. Even with all that training, not everything that happens on the road is in a truck driver’s hands. Regardless of whether you have a perfect driver record, are a defensive driver, or follow every single safety regulation, you may still find yourself in an accident at some point in your career just through sheer law of averages—driving hundreds of miles daily almost guarantees it.
- Get to safety / medical attention in emergency situations.
- Document the scene of the accident with photographs / write down your side of it.
- Exchange contact information and insurance information with over driver(s).
- Get information from possible witnesses.
- Never admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Report it to your trucking company in a timely manner.
- Speak to a Houston truck accident lawyer about your case.
Powerful Legal Help for Injured Clients in Texas & Nationwide
Truckers may find themselves at odds with their employer after an accident. In some cases, a truck company and their insurance company may try to deny fault and point the blame completely on the driver. With a team of lawyers on their side, this can often be detrimental for a driver. For this reason, our Houston truck accident attorneys stand strong for injured drivers. We help drivers and their families craft strong, effective claims for compensation. Our skilled team gets to work investigating your accident and identifying potential parties that may have been at fault. Once we determine the party whose negligence caused your damages, we build a compelling claim to pursue compensation for your sake. We won't stop until we secure the best result for you.
Don’t face your employer and their insurance company alone. Call Arnold & Itkin for honest representation.