LyondellBasell Accident Lawyers
Helping Victims of Catastrophic Accidents at LyondellBasell Refineries
LyondellBasell is one of the largest plastic, chemical, & refining companies in the world. With over 13,000 employees and 55 manufacturing sites in 17 countries, LyondellBasell is one of the leading oil companies in the industry. Since its establishment in 1953, LyondellBasell has become the largest global licensor of polyolefin technologies.
LyondellBasell also operates one of the largest refineries in the United States. This refinery is located in Houston Ship Channel and refines heavy, high-sulfur crude oil at a capacity of about 268,000 barrels-per-day. The facility produces gasoline and fuel components, low-sulfur diesel, jet fuel and lubricants. Refinery and plant workers have one of the most dangerous jobs because handling these gasoline and fuel components can be risky if the proper equipment and safety procedures aren’t employed.
Common causes of industrial plant & refinery accidents include:
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Poor training or refinery employees
- Unseen corrosion
- Dirty & Impure chemicals
- Poor facility maintenance & unsafe working conditions
- Failure to follow OSHA Guidelines
Time and time again, our attorneys at Arnold & Itkin have represented plant and refinery workers that that were severely injured due to the lack of safety equipment or training. If you or a loved one have been injured from refinery accident, contact our LyondellBasell accident attorneys. We refuse to stand by and let companies neglect their duty to their workers. Our firm has helped hundreds of workers recover what they needed to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and more—winning billions in results.
Learn more about how Arnold & Itkin may be able to help you recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Contact us today: (888) 493-1629.
Examples of LyondellBasell Locations Nationwide
LyondellBasell has 55 manufacturing locations in 17 different countries worldwide. The company has major presences in nearly every region on the plant, including Europe, North America, Australia, Asia, Africa, South and Central America.
LyondellBasell has 26 plants and refineries in the United States, including:
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Edison, New Jersey
- Fairport Harbor, Ohio
- Huston, Texas
- Morris, Illinois
- Pasadena, Texas
- Westlake, Louisiana
2008 LyondellBasell Crane Accident
In 2008, 7 workers were severely injured while 4 others were killed when a crane collapsed on them at a LyondellBasell plant in Pasadena, TX. According to the United States Department of Labor, 30-story- tall crane—capable of lifting 1-million pounds—fell over at the company’s refinery in southeast Houston. LyondellBasell was in the initial stages of a large turnaround in their Coking Unit. Deep South Crane & Rigging Company was retained by LyondellBasell to bring one of world’s largest mobile cranes to the site to remove the derricks from the top structure and then the coking drums. This incident, involving multiple parties, shows how vital it is to have well-maintained equipment.
To stay updated on similar cases, check out our blogs.
Our LyodellBasell Accident Attorneys Can Help You
At Arnold & Itkin has experience working on complex cases involving some of the largest oil refinery companies worldwide. Our attorney’s passion and determination has helped them recover billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients. They have achieved record-setting verdicts and settlements and continue to work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
The record-setting results our LyondellBasell accident attorneys have achieved include:
- $97 Million for Refinery Fire Survivors: Arnold & Itkin was able to secure a huge settlement for clients who were injured in a refinery fire. Arnold & Itkin attorneys fought for justice against some of the largest corporations in the world. This settlement helped our clients receive the medical attention they needed and the future financial security they deserved.
- $39.7 Million for Dust Explosion Survivor: Our refinery accident attorneys recovered a record-setting verdict of $39.7 million on behalf of a worker who was severely burned in a dust fire and explosion at a Georgia-Pacific plywood plant. Arnold & Itkin LLP was able to help our client recover his medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, and mental anguish.
- $7 Million for Injured Burn Victim: Arnold & Itkin LLP represented a Louisiana oil refinery worker who suffered brain damage and memory loss after he fell through the grating on an offshore platform. Our attorneys were able to recover a $4 million for the client and $2.5 million for our client’s future medical needs.
Contact Our LyondellBasell Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation: (888) 493-1629
At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we have helped hundreds of plant and refinery workers get the compensation they needed to take care of themselves and their families after refinery accidents. It can be costly to treat physical and mental injuries after such tragic events, which is why we do everything we can to help our clients secure their future and receive the best medical care possible.
If you or a loved one were injured during a refinery accident, contact our LyondellBasell accident lawyers today for a free consultation—call (888) 493-1629 or contact us online today.
Arnold & Itkin in the News
- Workers Injured in Chemical Plant Explosion Obtain $30 Million Verdicts In Two Louisiana State Court Trials Against Plant Owners/Operators
- CSB: 'Process safety management program deficiencies' lead to deadly 2013 explosion
- New Orleans Jury Awards $16M to 4 Workers for 2013 Plant Explosion
- ComDust victim awarded $39.7 million
- Houston jury awards $39.7 million verdict to man injured in Corrigan plant explosion
- Williams Cos. Hit With $13.6M Verdict In La. Plant Explosion